turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Russell Outdoor brand camo clothing issues

Started by Philippe, March 05, 2012, 01:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Gregg

I have a pair of pants from Ol' Tom and they are not baggy.
I like them better.

darron

I just received my russell bottomland pants and vest. It looks good to me. I bought the XL pant from 40-42 instead of the L from 36-38. They are big and I will def have to wear a belt with them. If I bought the L they might have ran a little too tight as a 36 is very snug on me.

tha bugman

"I cant stand this"  I bought a pair of mediums last night from Wal-Mart in Obsession so I did not get the saggy crothes from my old ones...threw them away...looked like enough material for a tent...
Quote from: CASH on March 05, 2012, 05:25:35 PM
Only issue I've had with them is the pant legs are so big I look like I'm wearing M.C. Hammer pants.

The one time I wore them I swore I heard a gobbler I was hunting tell me, "Can't touch this!"

CASH

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 07, 2012, 12:06:54 PM
Quote from: CASH on March 05, 2012, 05:25:35 PM
Only issue I've had with them is the pant legs are so big I look like I'm wearing M.C. Hammer pants.

The one time I wore them I swore I heard a gobbler I was hunting tell me, "Can't touch this!"

No doubt, they changed the design of the pattern when MO sold the clothing manufacture line to Russell back in 2001. I finally wore out my last pair of "true" MO made pants this year. I won't wear the Russell pants because of the M.C. Hammer effect. I did find that BPS makes some cotton pants that fit exactly like the old MO pants, so I bought a few this past deer season.

Yeah, I found my replacement pants at Cabelas.  Love them
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

mudhen

Yep, Russell's cotton MOBL is pretty weak.  Browning's was a bit better.

But the Russell MOBL Treklite from Mack's looks great to me.

Only problem is that I tried to order the Super Elite III vest in MOBL Treklite, as shown in Mack's catalog, and it doesn't exist!!  Confirmed by MO.

The Treklite SE III in AP was awful looking to me, so I went with last year's SE III in MOBL, cotton version instead.

UA Heat Gear in MOBL also looks outstanding.
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

T-town

Quote from: Philippe on March 05, 2012, 10:44:58 PM
Ok, I finally was able to talk to someone at Russel. The guy told me the cotton clothing is naturally like that but you can expect the pattern to be richer and look better on some of the other clothing like the Ripstop and Trekker lines of clothing. We also had a short conversation about bringing back old school Green Leaf cloathing! I will be in contact with them about the Green Leaf again soon. Just out of curiousity how many of you would buy Green Leaf clothing if it came back for a short time?

I've got an old greenleaf shirt. I wear it  for the first few weeks before going obsession. I'd buy it

tha bugman

+1....I just got back from the sporting goods store....went in to get a pair of Russell pants...could not get a pair that did not look like MC Hammer....The dang stride was to my knees...picked up a pair of Ole Toms to see if they were cut different....bad idea...they wound up fitting great and I got a shirt to....better last me until I am 80 cause they got me hook line and sinker :o
Quote from: rawalley on March 05, 2012, 10:04:26 PM
They are thick, baggy and faded but there aint that many options out there