turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Friday Tornadoes

Started by Turkey Trot, March 04, 2012, 06:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Trot

I was up late Friday night watching radar and standing outside watching clouds in the flashing lightning.  We had warnings and sirens, but there was no damage immediately near me.

The Dallas, GA airport was hit. 

Wadddle Whacker is in Dallas.  Has anyone heard from him?
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

jjenkins

gobblingghost

North Lowndes, Berrian, Lakeland Ga were hit on Saturday. Some property damage but no loss of life thank God.

Turkey Trot

We had so many in N. GA that I did not even realize that they had struck in S. GA.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Eric Gregg

Hope everyone came out OK after this weekend.

backwatertech

Tornado tracked about a mile and a half south of my house here in North Alabama. First one I've ever seen with my own eyes. After it passed my house it did some damage to Buckhorn High School, which is where I graduated from. Saw lots of debris in the air. Scared the bejesus outta me. :OGani:
Backwater Outdoors
www.backwateroutdoors.com

Wingbone

Had one hit my farm here in West Tn, yet again. Twice in two years. My boss lost hs nephew to the tornado in Indiana Friday. He was 30 and just married last year. Horrible storms. Hope all you guys dodged the twisters.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Mossygoose

May be another bad Tornado season this year

Turkey Trot

Quote from: Wingbone on March 05, 2012, 09:16:45 PM
Had one hit my farm here in West Tn, yet again. Twice in two years. My boss lost hs nephew to the tornado in Indiana Friday. He was 30 and just married last year. Horrible storms. Hope all you guys dodged the twisters.

Twice in two years is way too frequent.  It's funny how those buggers hit the same areas due (I suppose) to prevailing winds and weather patterns.

Wingbone

Quote from: Turkey Trot on March 07, 2012, 11:16:42 AM
Quote from: Wingbone on March 05, 2012, 09:16:45 PM

Twice in two years is way too frequent.  It's funny how those buggers hit the same areas due (I suppose) to prevailing winds and weather patterns.

No doubt. There is definitely a path that they follow. We have a local subdivision that is hit almost every time our county gets a warning. Like 5 times in 10 years.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Turkey Trot

After that storm hit Tuscaloosa last year I saw some study they did on the frequency of tornadoes hitting the same are over a 100 years.  I thought to myself that it is really worth studying that yourself before you move and build somewhere.  In real estate sales, sellers have to make disclosures of material conditions of the property, and I'll bet money that someone will sue someday because the seller did not disclose that the property was in tornado alley.

Tornadoes don't frequently hit in big cities, but I remember well the one that hit intown Nashville back in 98.  Then, in 2008, one downtown Atlanta and caused a lot of dollars in damage.

Tail Feathers

I hope they don't hit the same area a lot.  We built our house four years ago.  There was a tornado on the property about five years before that.

Of course back then there was nothing there to hurt.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Turkey Trot

Anyone heard from Waddle Whacker or seen him post on here?