turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rossi help

Started by wisconsinteacher, March 04, 2012, 10:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I was talking to a guy about guns and he said he had a Rossi single shot with two barrels.  One is a .22LR and the other is a 3" 20 ga barrel.  He won the gun and it has never been fired.  I said, "I will take it for $50"  He said sounds good to me.  So now I have this rifle/shotgun and need to find some info.  Can the 20ga barrel be threaded for a choke tube and would it be worth it on a 23" barrel to try making it a 40 yard turkey gun?  It is a model S201220RS, so can I get different barrels, like .223, .243, and 28ga.  If this does not work out, my best friend just told me his is having a child, so I would wrap it up and give it to the kid in a few years with a brick of .22 shells and some trap loads. 

chatterbox

I have one, and with 3" Federal's, I can get close to 80 pellets in a 10" circle at 30.
I don't know if it can be threaded for a choke or not, but I'm gonna be looking at getting a gun that accepts screw in chokes for my son. The Rossi is a good gun, if you work within it's limits.

wisconsinteacher

The outside diameter of the barrel is .757.  Can this be threaded for a choke tube?

redarrow

Your best bet would be to take it to a reputable gunsmith for his impute. Clark @ Allaboutshooting could probably answer this for you.

wisconsinteacher

I forgot to measure the inside diameter of the barrel at the muzzle and it is .600".  For those of you that have threaded a barrel, what did it cost?