OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

USPS LOST MY PACKAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by bcc2011, March 04, 2012, 12:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcc2011

OK SO HAS ANYONE HAD AND POSTAL SERVICE LOOSE YOUR PACKAGE. :angry9: I MADE THIS BEAUTIFUL BOX CALL FOR A GUY IN ILLINOIS AND HE STILL HASN'T RECEIVED THE CALL AFTER I SHIPPED IT OVER 15 DAYS AGO. SO NOW I HAVE TO HURRY AND MAKE ANOTHER CALL AND GET IT SHIPPED IN TIME FOR THE SEASON TO START.
Brother Custom Calls

Neill_Prater

You sure you shipped it to Illinois? I was just thinking that perhaps if you shipped it to Kentucky perhaps our resident mailman, turk2di, might have intercepted it. If he starts bragging about getting this new call......... ;D

Houndstooth Game Calls

Had it happen 2 weeks ago and had to fix his calls again and resend them. It happens!

Passintime

It's happened to me also. On top of that they have the worst tracking capability I've ever see.

WildSpur

Fortunately I have never had a package lost.  This past year though I had 3 packages arrive a week or more past the quoted arrival date.  UPS or FedEx for me now.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

wmahunter

Sent a large USPS package from GA to NC last Fall and thought it was lost for 2 weeks but then they finally delivered it.  I've had UPS loose packages too and they never showed up so I am not sure one is better than the other...but UPS tracking is better than USPS.

captpete

I have shipped & received a lot of packages through USPS and have yet to have one lost. I have had several that took longer than expected(longest was 4 weeks), but I can count on one hand the number of those incidents. The weirdest one was being sent to me. It started in Wis., went to Ill., Texas, N.Dakota, Western Iowa, back to Wis. then here to me in Eastern Iowa. All that traveling and it was still here in 2 1/2 weeks. The USPS doesn't have a tracking system. Their system is to tell you when the package was delivered.

archery1

had 2 packages lost by usps  this year
u can see tracking info and it said out for delivery... then is said that no more information
buyers never received it
unless u pay for insurance
then u can file a claim
usps has a terrible tracking system
word for the wise
use ups or get insurance or delivery conformation on your packages
its worth the  extra 2 bucks
Take a kid hunting

bcc2011

Yea there tracking system sucks but I was told I could not put insurance on the call because it was handmade and not from a store to put a price value on it. I guess its just my stupidity but I will not use usps again
Brother Custom Calls

Neill_Prater

Quote from: bcc2011 on March 04, 2012, 09:40:19 AM
Yea there tracking system sucks but I was told I could not put insurance on the call because it was handmade and not from a store to put a price value on it. I guess its just my stupidity but I will not use usps again

I think that is a crock. I've never had a clerk ask me that much detail. They do ask if it is anything perishable, fragile, liquid, etc., but the idea that it is handmade should make no difference. You pay for the insurance you feel is needed to cover the loss. Even something like personal photographs should be able to have a monetary value if lost, so why not a turkey call? Won't get your call back, but I think I'd make it a point to stop by the local post office and bend the postmaster's ear a bit.

mnturkey

I have never had a problem with the USPS and am a bit surprised that they would not let you insure the package.
even if it is handmade, I just sent a Turkey Call to florida and insured the package for $25.00, the desk clerk at the post office did not even ask me what was in the package, just if it was dangerous (I told him only to Turkeys).  He took my money and gave me a insurance receipt.
It does sound strange that they would not insure it.
SEMPER FI

Mailman

I'm a carrier in Waterloo Iowa. Dont know why they wouldn't insure it, that doesn't make since. I send my calls insured. Yes our tracking sucks. I have talked to some about how to improve it but falls on deaf ears. Apparently I need to go way up the chain of command. On behalf of the Post Office I offer our apologies. But don't be to hard on us. We ship more things then UPS and Fed ex combined if you count our letter mail. Where are you from that they would not insure your parcel?
One Shot One Kill

Cutt

I deal with the USPS a lot and have had that happen a few times. Bad part is, I can all most gaurantee, that boxcall will show up and your customer will end up with two?

The few times it happened to me, resent the items only for the others to show up weeks later, and your customer gets a freebie, it's like certain things get mis placed and delivered later?

runngun

I can tell you this, just because you ship something UPS or Fed Ex it does not mean they will deliver it. The  US Postal service delivers packages every day that were sent through UPS or Fed Ex, who ship the package the cheapest way. UPS and Fed Ex charge you for shipping and then pay for it to be shipped USPS...................
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

RemingtonRules

Quote from: runngun on March 05, 2012, 06:28:33 PM
I can tell you this, just because you ship something UPS or Fed Ex it does not mean they will deliver it. The  US Postal service delivers packages every day that were sent through UPS or Fed Ex, who ship the package the cheapest way. UPS and Fed Ex charge you for shipping and then pay for it to be shipped USPS...................

This is not accurate