OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rhino .670 & HEVI-13 #7'S??

Started by Longspur321, February 22, 2011, 05:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longspur321

Guys, unless I missed it, I didn't see where anyone had patterned an 870 (any barrel length) with 3 1/2" Hevi-13 #7's. I see that a Pure Gold .670 performs really well with 7's, but I already have a .670 Rhino and really don't want to buy another choke if I don't have too. I would think it would be pretty close, but according to my wife, I'm wrong quite a bit, sooooooo..... ;D

Thanks
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BigPeck215

gonna either shoot a .675 IC, .665 JH or a .643tgssx outta the 870 with 3-2-7's this year

VAlongbeard84

Longspur, for the price and being that it is a remington, if you are going to shoot the hevi-13 3.5/2.25/7 load, get the .660 jellyhead. It is hard to beat in a remington. My 11-87 with that load and the .660 JH shoots in the 320's in a 10" at 40 yards.

Gobble!

With those shells it does not matter what choke you use they will all shoot great. Someone here was using a primos tight wad and that's what a $20 choke and they got great patterns. I'm sure your rhino will throw good patterns.

Longspur321

Thanks ALOT fellas. :icon_thumright: I'm just trying something out here. Still got 6- Nitro H51013A's left from last year and was kind of hoping Wing Supply would have had them on their website by now but they don't. I ordered the Hevi-13's (#7's) :you_rock: just so I wouldn't be "short" come opening morning here in Louisiana.

To be honest, my 870 got some of the best patterns anyone could ask for (306 @ 40)with the Nitro/I.C. combo, but I'm having a hard time justifying $65(not to mention shipping) on a box of 10 shells that might be available or might not. I think I'll be ok with the chokes. I've got an I.C. 665, a Rhino 670, and a Jellyhead 660 so one of them is bound to throw some good patterns with them hot #7's.
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen