News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SOUTH FLORIDA'S SEASON OPENS TOMORROW

Started by bbcoach, March 02, 2012, 09:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cove

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 04, 2012, 08:26:21 PM
I came very close this weekend , I hunted Public south zone , and as usual I went to great lengths to go to a ridiculously remote area , I located some gobblers and roosted a flock of Jakes -

long story short , there are some very aggressive ,rude and inexperienced hunters out there , notice I didnt mention "turkey hunter" in there , I was driven over , crowded etc....  I caught up with 2 of them this morning and at 5am in the morning in the dark ..... in a remote swamp 50 miles from the nearest phone 2 young men got a verbal altercation with me , the end result is they were left speechless by my verbal barrage -

Ive been turkey hunting for 28 years now , and one thing I can not stand is some guy crowding me , I wouldn't and never would do it to someone else , its dangerous , its rude and inconsiderate  -- If I come to a spot I want to hunt and there is someone else there , I move on - I dont get out of my swamp buggy and set up 10 yards from where I am standing flashing you with a light --

I dont understand what is wrong with people - but I guess times are changing

Guess Ill keep hunting till I limit out --Shannon   

Sorry to hear that things haven't changed. Sounds alot like the same circus. On another note, I heard a couple got whacked.

joey46

Not to keep :deadhorse: but you can see it in so many of the "kill at any cost" post on this and several other forums.  Florida public land is becoming notorious for this conduct.  It is by far the most frequent complaint I read.

archery1

hunters are getting very  disrespectful in the woods. stealin other people stuff.. hunting to close.., its getting crazy.. i guess if you own your own land you just don't know how lucky you really are, most people like me gotta hunt state game lands and other public land that other hunters don't respect and could care less about other hunters. just be glad you got out and had a fairly good time. i gotta wait well over a month yet.

Good luck down in fl. and maybe next time you get out you will have a better time and score a kill.
Take a kid hunting