turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone seen the new Stoeger M3500

Started by devin4484, February 22, 2011, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devin4484

I forgot to look at it at the convention saturday when i was there :(  Does anyone have one or seen one if so let me know what you thought please?

CASH

Quote from: devin4484 on February 22, 2011, 05:04:00 PM
I forgot to look at it at the convention saturday when i was there :(  Does anyone have one or seen one if so let me know what you thought please?

Saw one at the convention Sat.  Me likey, likey!  Likes...Just about everything.  Dislikes....The camo wrap is still crap and it still doesn't come with a mid bead.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

devin4484

good deal!  I own a p350 and an m2000 and love em both.  Only thing I dont like about them is just as you said the camo wrap or dip is crap and its wearing and going white.

CASH

Quote from: devin4484 on February 22, 2011, 05:15:03 PM
good deal!  I own a p350 and an m2000 and love em both.  Only thing I dont like about them is just as you said the camo wrap or dip is crap and its wearing and going white.

Yeah, I love my 2000.  It's black.  The alternative is getting a black gun and spend the $200 or so to get it dipped in the pattern of your choice.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

savduck

I like em. Got two M2000s that have been good for me. Probably get one later down the line.
Georgia Boy

mossybird

Just looked at it on the Stoeger website. Looks pretty sweet!  :cowboy:

devin4484

I like having the ability to install and unistall the recoil reduction system in the stock on it.

savduck

Wish they would come out with an auto 20ga. My pistol grip 2000 is the best patterning turkey gun I have owned.

Watching these patterns on the 20 ga board....there aint no need for 3.5 inch 12 ga anymore............I can only imagine the thump from an interia gun.
Georgia Boy

reynolds243

Quote from: savduck on February 22, 2011, 07:50:27 PM
Wish they would come out with an auto 20ga. My pistol grip 2000 is the best patterning turkey gun I have owned.

what set up you have on yours? currently I am running mine with a jelly head and winchester Xtended range #6...shoots good but not 100% sold on the set up. i did just order some Hevi13 #7 to try though.

all in all i LOVE my 2000. Also does anyone know what recoil pad actually fits the pistol grip stock? for the life of me i can find one to fit it. I know the browning version sims will fit the field stock but not the pistol grip.

savduck

Shooting the IC 665 with winchester 6s. The pattern has more pellets with the 2 oz Hevi 13 sixes, but I perfer the winchesters and they still have a wicked pattern.

It also likes a kicks 660 with 5s or 6s

My factory turkey choke had a good lead #4 pattern out to forty. Winchester XX 3" 4s
Georgia Boy

TScottW99

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

bird

I did a search on this gun and everything that I read about it speaks very highly on the gun itself.  In design it is very similar to that of a Benelli M2 except the M3500 will shoot 3 1/2" shells whereas the M2 only goes to a 3" shell.  I have an M2 and it is an outstanding shotgun.  I just may have to take a serious look at the M3500. 

SKFOOTER

I looked one over at Bass Pro in Nashville last weekend while I was there for the NWTF convention. At $599,  I like it.

joshua

Good looking gun with an even better price tag as compared to some of the other brands.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.