turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20ga. Jelly Head in Rem.

Started by bunk, March 01, 2012, 09:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunk

I was wondering if any of yall have tride this choke? I've got a youth model with 21" tube and the RSF lead choke that came with the gun and a RSF Hevi Shot choke. I have both Hevi 7s and Fed. 7s and although I haven't patterned them yet I have seen good results posted on here with the RSF choke and the 7s. I was just wondering about the Jelly Head because the one in my 12ga. is so good and Midway USA has them on sale for $34.99. The constriction is 570 wich is what I believe the RSF is.

southernfly

i shot a pile of shells through mine last weekend including nitro 7's, nitro 457's, hvy 13 7's n fed hvy 7's. The jellyhead is always better than my rem sf and my IC. With hvy 13 7's n nitro 7's Im getting from 150 to 180 in 10" at 40 yd. Same gun as you

redleg06

I think it depends on the individual gun because the remington super full (the hevi shot version) out performed my 570 jellyhead with the hevi 7's but both were pretty respectable.

I ended up changing to TSS shot and believe it or not, the undertaker choke is the best I've tried out of it with that load.

NorthGaHunter

Quote from: redleg06 on March 01, 2012, 11:11:42 PM
I think it depends on the individual gun because the remington super full (the hevi shot version) out performed my 570 jellyhead with the hevi 7's but both were pretty respectable.

I ended up changing to TSS shot and believe it or not, the undertaker choke is the best I've tried out of it with that load.

What was the constriction of the undertaker?  I think I might have one but I have yet to try it.  Whatever I have, I think it may be .582.

I am shooting TSS and gotten good results from a tightwad and jellyhead.  Rem SF also looked good.  IC .575 was good too and that is what I hunted with last year to open my pattern a little. 

Mossygoose

My Daughter's CD 20 loves the Jellyhead

longbow59

My Jellyhead out shoots my RSF with any shell including Federal 7s.

chipper

The RSF hevi version outshot the jellyhead in my gun but not by much.