turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tom Kelly

Started by LX_Trkyhntr, February 22, 2011, 04:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LX_Trkyhntr

It was a pleasure to get to chat with Tom Kelly in Nashville!  I happened by his booth on Friday when there was only 1 person there, so I took the opportunity to take a pic with him,

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Flydown

stinkpickle

Hognutz

That is a great picture. Tom Kelly is someone I would love to meet, myself..You done good, Lx.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

mossybird

gob09

cool stephen glad you got to meet him there were'nt very many folks at his booth when i went by either he is a very pleasant person and my hero

Skeeterbait

Getting a chance to speak with Mr. Kelly is a true privilege in my opinion.  I am sure you enjoyed it.

chatterbox

Quote from: Skeeterbait on February 22, 2011, 06:50:07 PM
Getting a chance to speak with Mr. Kelly is a true privilege in my opinion.  I am sure you enjoyed it.
I couldn't agree with you more, Skeeter!

LX_Trkyhntr

Tom Kelly is a living legend!  It was an honor and a real treat to get to talk to him for a little while.  Guys like him don't come along every day for sure.  I have seen him at the convention in the past, but hadn't taken the time to meet him, I sure am glad I did.  He is pretty old and won't be around forever so I knew I needed to take advantage of the opportunity while I had the chance.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Cove

I had the opportunity to talk with him for about 10 minutes myself, a true legend. I picked up a copy of 'the season' which he signed and also got my picture with him. That was a definate highlight.

Archaic

Meeting the Colonel is a  top 5 on my bucket list!!!

unclerick

Hey that is great, I wondered if anybody else got their pic with him, he is such a great man of turkey wisdom.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

catdaddy