News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

More Than One?

Started by guesswho, March 01, 2012, 04:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TennLongspur

Quote from: PaTurkHntr on March 01, 2012, 04:40:29 PM
I would just sit down right where you were standing and start calling.  :gobble:
:z-winnersmiley:
"The wild turkey possesses the remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

Gooserbat

So basicaly your surounded.  I would throw my voice like a ventriolquist so they look the other way and RUN.  It may be the only safe option.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

guesswho

Go home, sit down and call, call a friend, throw my voice like a ventriolquist and run, call to the hens.   I'm screwed.  I hope I don't hear any, that should make it simpler.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

hookedspur

Quote from: guesswho on March 02, 2012, 11:52:40 AM
Go home, sit down and call, call a friend, throw my voice like a ventriolquist and run, call to the hens.   I'm screwed.  I hope I don't hear any, that should make it simpler.

Main thing to remember is,,,,,,,         NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!! :anim_25:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Shotgun

:TooFunny:  Im still trying to figure out what a ventriolguist is...That one is above my vocabulary  :-\

guesswho

Quote from: Shotgun on March 02, 2012, 08:47:25 PM
Im still trying to figure out what a ventriolguist is...That one is above my vocabulary  :-\
I saw pictures of one I think.  If it's what I'm thinking it is I'm not using that tactic.  Kind of reminds me of those funny gobblers I keep telling you about. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Brent

Sit and listen for a few minutes, then go kill the one that's still gobbling good after he gets on the ground.

Shotgun

Quote from: guesswho on March 02, 2012, 08:56:36 PM
Im still trying to figure out what a ventriolguist is...That one is above my vocabulary  :-\
I saw pictures of one I think.  If it's what I'm thinking it is I'm not using that tactic.  Kind of reminds me of those funny gobblers I keep telling you about. 

LMAO....Might have to break out the "taint " on them

Flydown

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  Ronnie, Just get in the middle of those gobbling fools and make one of them jokers famous! Then go back tomorrow and repeat,etc,etc,etc.etc!

HogBiologist

:TooFunny:  Im still trying to figure out what a ventriolguist is...That one is above my vocabulary  :-\

Jeff Dunham......... DotCom.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

guesswho

Quote from: Flydown on March 02, 2012, 09:24:52 PM
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  Ronnie, Just get in the middle of those gobbling fools and make one of them jokers famous! Then go back tomorrow and repeat,etc,etc,etc.etc!
This may be what I'd try first.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

WiLL B

Quote from: guesswho on March 01, 2012, 04:26:07 PM
Ok, I'm standing there opening morning.  I hear more than one bird gobble on the limb.  One in front of me, a couple off to one side, another one over my shoulder.   All of them are about the same distance away.  How do I know which one to go after?   Should I call and see what happens?  What are some of the things I need to consider if anything? 

Sounds like the kind of problem we dream about ! Whatever you do it is a good morning !!

FttFttVroom!

Grab a limb and knock it against a tree, then make a long howling noise.......you might be hearing a sasquatch breeding party :OGani:

Fullfan

Okay if you are not in Pa or the Mark Twain, give a call and go from there...
Don't gobble at me...

camp man

Quote from: Neill_Prater on March 01, 2012, 07:41:19 PM
Ronnie, it doesn't make any difference which one you go after, because whichever one you choose, it will be the one with the shorter beard, shorter spurs, more hens, and across the creek.  :) Neill
That would be my luck!!!