turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

More Than One?

Started by guesswho, March 01, 2012, 04:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Ok, I'm standing there opening morning.  I hear more than one bird gobble on the limb.  One in front of me, a couple off to one side, another one over my shoulder.   All of them are about the same distance away.  How do I know which one to go after?   Should I call and see what happens?  What are some of the things I need to consider if anything? 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Flydown

I would just go back home. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

chatterbox

bird

I think Chris is right. Screw it..... Go Home and crawl back in bed with the old lady.

Ol'Mossy

I would just sit down right where you were standing and start calling.  :gobble:

ghillie

Quote from: PaTurkHntr on March 01, 2012, 04:40:29 PM
I would just sit down right where you were standing and start calling.  :gobble:

X2

gotcha

The biggest one,you can age a bird by the soumd of the gobble, right????????????

redarrow

Yep

Crappiepro

Quote from: ghillie on March 01, 2012, 04:42:56 PM

X2
X 3  See what happens, if they all come then you'll have another thread to post LOL. Titled "Which one do I shoot now"   LOL!! :TooFunny:

hookedspur

Call me , I will stay there and wait on them you take Birds advice and I will swing by on the way home and show you which one came in  !!! :happy0064:  :thanks:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

neal

Quote from: hookedspur on March 01, 2012, 05:31:12 PM
Call me , I will stay there and wait on them you take Birds advice and I will swing by on the way home and show you which one came in  !!! :happy0064:  :thanks:
x1
LOL!!!!!  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

redleg06

Quote from: guesswho on March 01, 2012, 04:26:07 PM
Ok, I'm standing there opening morning.  I hear more than one bird gobble on the limb.  One in front of me, a couple off to one side, another one over my shoulder.   All of them are about the same distance away.  How do I know which one to go after?   Should I call and see what happens?  What are some of the things I need to consider if anything? 

Consider giving me a call.... :toothy9:

twinters

i would love to have a problem like that :TrainWreck1:seriously though if you are in a good position just set up where you are and make sure that you are as hidden as you can be,make a few soft calls,then listen for the most interested bird. focus on him but do not forget the others,if you are in hill country and some of them are above you ,i wouldn't worry much about them(hard to call a turkey down hill) stay focused on birds below or adjacent to you. When they hit the ground give it to them a little then just sit back and wait,may not be long til you are totin one out

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Ronnie,

Do you think you'll finally be able to kill a turkey this season after all the "how to" posts you've initiated the past couple months??

cannonball