OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

HEVI 7's lot #300488

Started by deadbuck, March 01, 2012, 09:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadbuck

3 1/2 inch. Are these good or bad?

goblr77

3003** Good
3004** Bad
3005** Good

chipper

Send'em back, That's last years lot number, they'll shoot good enough to kill a turkey with but I lost around 80 to 100 pellets in the 10 with them last year, still killed 2 birds with them.

deadbuck

Quote from: chipper on March 01, 2012, 10:40:14 AM
Send'em back, That's last years lot number, they'll shoot good enough to kill a turkey with but I lost around 80 to 100 pellets in the 10 with them last year, still killed 2 birds with them.

Send em back to Environmetal? Retailers don't accept returns on Ammo

nyhunter

just my opinion, At the price of H-13 these days I'd use them for hunting and not worry about it. "If your getting decent pattern's that is" Its not really gonna matter if your getting 150 or 350 in a 10" circle dead is dead.

chipper

They will kill birds,you're just not gonna get real high #'s in the 10 with that lot #, I gave sevral away to get rid of them and started a new stock pile with good lot #'s. You could contact EM and maybe they will exchange them, they should because of all the flack they've caught off of this Forum alone about that lot #.

deadbuck

I emailed environmetal and they told me this is a good lot and it is "this years" production. Asked me what my count was and I told them I had not shot any yet.

chipper

Trust me, 300488 is from last year,I went round and round with them over that lot #, They also told me last year that there were no component changes but a few of the guys on here disected the loads and found they had in fact changed the wad. When I get the 5 boxes of 300325 shot up that I have I'm going back to Winchester XRHD #6.

deadbuck

You are probably right because they responded to my first email in 5 minutes. My second email asked them the specific manufacture date of this lot number and I haven't heard back from them since last week.

archery1

to much 2 worry about lot numbers
just shoot them with your bow
Take a kid hunting

chipper

If you'll go back to the pages from last year you'll see were we discussing that lot #,but like I said, you can kill every turkey you shoot at with them if he's in range.

golfernash

chipper

I agree, for what we pay for these shells, we should be able to buy a box of any lot and get repeatable performance.

nyhunter

Quote from: chipper on March 05, 2012, 08:31:27 PM
When I get the 5 boxes of 300325 shot up that I have I'm going back to Winchester XRHD #6.
X2 :agreed:

worth612000

Where do you find out about the lot numbers being bad or good? Mine is 200806 3" shells purchased last year. One shot one turkey, purchased 3 boxes and 1 box od blend 200908. Taking my yearly limit these shells will last awhile