OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

When is realtree going to put up a fight with bottomland.

Started by Bustabeak, February 29, 2012, 11:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

QuoteLove me some Bottomland.

I want my gun dipped! My gun is in real tree ap now but after turkey season I'm going to have it done!

MAKEemQUIVER

Go Big Blue!!!!!!

MOStrutter

Its cool to see guys as picky about camo as I am.  I am Realtree and Advantage max-4 through and through.  The Realtree with the Midwest timber just matches really well.  I do like the MO Duck Blind Camo but you will not find me wearing MO very often. I do wear a MO Brush under armour type shirt turkey hunting sometimes, but I just couldn't turn down the sale, so I bought it.

jblackburn

I've always liked realtree stuff, Xtra brown and the advantage classic were my favorites.

I'm switching out all my camo to NaturalGear and NaturalGear SCII.  I like the idea of their camo and it works very well, IMO.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

simpzenith

Mossy Oak has nothing on Realtree APG. Take a swatch of each and place them both in the same place, anywhere in the country and take a pic. APG will blend better more often. :)

WildSpur

Quote from: jyoung on March 01, 2012, 08:37:20 AM
I'm not hard core RT or MO. I enjoy both, but I do tend to wear more MO.  I wear bottomland pretty much all year.  It is ideal for the area I hunt.  Big open woods. When you sit beside that big ole pine tree you blend right in and do not have to worry about looking around to make sure you have enough green around you to blend in.  And I assue you, my turkeys notice something not of the ordinary.   :OGani:

If I recall, in the 80's and early 90's realtree had a full "tree bark" style pattern. I do not remember what it was called.  I remember having a pair over coveralls in that pattern.   

Jonathan

I think you are thinking of realtree brown leaf and grey leaf.  I had the brown leaf when I was a kid. 

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

jyoung

Yea, that sounds right.  I think I still have an old turkey vest somewhere in that pattern as well.  It was my pawpaw's.  Or it might have even been a pattern before the brown-leaf with just the bark pattern w/o the intermitten leaves in the design.

Jonathan
Jonathan Young

MO3TOE

I'm right there with you. Most of my season is spent in N. MS so Bottomland is ideal before everything greens up. I then will switch over as everything starts coming to life near mid April. I just wish that more manufacturers made their clothes is Bottomland. I love the Ol Tom line that is similar to Russell's treklite series, but MAN, Ol Tom is expensive for what you get. I wish the Treklite line would make some Bottomland apparel.
As for Realtree... To each his own sort of like the Ford/Chevy thing. I'm a MO guy!!!!!
-> -> -> 3TOE <- <- <-

Cove

Quote from: simpzenith on March 01, 2012, 10:42:05 PM
Mossy Oak has nothing on Realtree APG. Take a swatch of each and place them both in the same place, anywhere in the country and take a pic. APG will blend better more often. :)

Eh. . . . . not so much.  ;D

twinters

I like any pattern that breaks your outline,I have been wearing realtree ap hd for several,not because i don't like mo i have just bought some mo bottom land. all this stuff will work as long as we pay attention to where and how we set our self up,but one will work better than the other depending on the make up of the terrain we are hunting. personal preference is just that,most of the time I mix it together and it works good for me that way.

MouthCaller

Rebelyell those guns look SWEET! I wish I bought my SX3 in that other than duck blind now those are very sweet lookin guns  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

nstrut