Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

When is realtree going to put up a fight with bottomland.

Started by Bustabeak, February 29, 2012, 11:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

anyone think they'll come back with a pattern like Mossy Oak bottomland??? I wish I could find some of the original realtree. I think they should go retro and start making it again.
I've always been a realtree guy but man that bottomland camo is hard to pass up. I know its just my opinion but I really like that pattern. I've gone bottomland crazy. I'd really like to have my shotgun dipped.

Any one else gone bottomland crazy?

TrophyTracker

I've been going Retro myself. From Bottomland, to Drake Old School, to Original Trebark. Before that it was Advantage Classic. It takes me back to a really awesome time in my hunting career.
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

Houndstooth Game Calls

I love bottom land I am planning on dipping my new Nef 10 gauge in it!! Mossy oak all the way for me!!

rawalley

I was wondering why everyone is getting into the the retro camo?  Any reason behind it?  What are we puttin on a fashion show out there?
STAY HOME!

MouthCaller

I have thought for a while that Mossy Oak has been whipping Realtree in the duck camo categpry, but thats JMO

Crappiepro

I like the Realtree AP in the fall over the Mossy Oak Break-up but in the spring the Mossy Oak Obsession is my go too camo.
As far as anything retro, the only camo I'd like the see come back would be the old Advantage camo.

Cove

I get myself in trouble when I find Bottomland apparel, I love it. Disappears better than anything IMO, You can get away with grey brown and blacks when there is alot of green around, but you cant get away with green when there are only grey brown and black colors around. 

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

jyoung

I'm not hard core RT or MO. I enjoy both, but I do tend to wear more MO.  I wear bottomland pretty much all year.  It is ideal for the area I hunt.  Big open woods. When you sit beside that big ole pine tree you blend right in and do not have to worry about looking around to make sure you have enough green around you to blend in.  And I assue you, my turkeys notice something not of the ordinary.   :OGani:

If I recall, in the 80's and early 90's realtree had a full "tree bark" style pattern. I do not remember what it was called.  I remember having a pair over coveralls in that pattern.   

Jonathan
Jonathan Young

Eric Gregg

Bottomland does for a hunter what a deer's coloration does for it.
Is it gray, is it brown, or is it green? Fits in anywhere and is a great all around pattern. I wear both Realtree Hardwoods Green in the Spring and Bottomland, but, if I am going somewhere where I am not familiar with the terrain, I will wear Bottomland because I know that I will fit in anywhere.
Great stuff.

WildTigerTrout

I do most of my turkey hunting in the big woods. My favorite camo is the old Realtree Advantage Timber. I wish they would bring the pattern back.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

chipper

Jbird22

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on March 01, 2012, 09:56:41 AM
...the old Realtree Advantage Timber. I wish they would bring the pattern back.

I'm a Mossy Oak guy through and through but Realtree had a winner with that pattern!

REBELYELL

rawalley

STAY HOME!