OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sons of guns!

Started by MouthCaller, February 29, 2012, 08:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

For those of you who watch the new season starts tonight! 9pm est...

Turkey Trot

Maybe we will learn more about the big fraud they perpetrate on ownership since the BATF's record owner, Vince, "quit."  They made him the owner after the fat guy and his daughter apparently got in trouble with BATF for shoddy record keeping. 

So how do they have a license now and who is the licensee?

Was making the one that quit the owner back when a sham transaction?

I enjoy reading gun forums on black guns about that show.  Those guys are merciless and funny as all hades.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

MouthCaller

I hadnt heard of or knew anything about what you're talking about but I am wondering now... where would one find such info? pm me if you dont mind Id like to know.

sippy cup

I never liked that show all they do is unpractical guns
beware of longdale legend

FttFttVroom!

Dont care a bit for the owner...or his daughter.  I watched one episode and that was enough.  There are plenty of cool guns to look at elsewhere if you need your fix on firepower.

Trevor2

Quote from: MouthCaller on February 29, 2012, 08:07:01 PM
Well I tend to like it. He'll I like being the black sheep.
Strutstopper

MouthCaller

Quote from: Trevor2 on February 29, 2012, 09:27:01 PM
Im gld Im not the only one, I didnt know anything about the problems theyve had/having...

Dirtybird555

Quote from: MouthCaller on February 29, 2012, 10:20:21 PM
Quote from: Trevor2 on February 29, 2012, 09:27:01 PM
Im gld Im not the only one, I didnt know anything about the problems theyve had/having...
google it. It's all over the tactical forums. They got audited and had like 10 class 3 guns they couldn't account for.

mcgruff1533

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on February 29, 2012, 09:11:45 PM
Dont care a bit for the owner...or his daughter.  I watched one episode and that was enough.  There are plenty of cool guns to look at elsewhere if you need your fix on firepower.

Bingo!   Those guys at Red Jacket are a bunch of bubbas.     They're way overpriced and offer little in the way of craftsmanship.   

pullit

I have watched the show a few times.
I have built several long range hunting and bench rest rifles over the years and have never used die grinders and cut off wheels on anything. Those guy hack and chop more stuff than I have ever seen any other gunsmith shop I have ever seen!
Can't really say I like the exploding stuff at the range either.
Just not my cup of tea

contagious

joshb311

Most of the "reality" tv shows on any more are the farthest thing from reality. After a few episodes, it seems most of them end up being so brutally scripted that I lose interest quickly if I ever have any to begin with.

The guys on American Chopper made a nice run of it, but after a while it got really apparent that 90 percent of the excitement on the show was pre-planned and scripted to the T. I do think that these shows are beneficial to the people that star in them. Take Swamp People for example. Those guys and gals were just getting by before the show started from the looks of a lot of them. Now quite a few are making lucrative livings from the residuals of being on the shows. It's always nice to see people that could genuinely use a break get one.

Turkey Trot

Those shows are full of forced drama and contrived situations.

Some guitar forums busted on Pawn Stars recently for having some supposedly rare guitar brought in by a supposed guy off the street and then they brought in an expert from a local guitar shop.  The forum sleuths made a case from photos and a listing that had been on the shop's website that the gtr belonged to the shop supposedly appraising it in the first place and they had it listed for sale for some time.

The diehard posters in tactical forums do a pretty good job rebutting and undermining the contentions on SOG that they are doing something special, for the first time, extremely unique, etc.  It's fun to read.

My favor insult line about that show so far:

"The people on Sons Of Guns have done for the gun culture what Deliverance did for tourism in Appalachia."   ;D ;D ;D
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

joshb311

Quote from: Turkey Trot on March 01, 2012, 11:06:39 AM

....."The people on Sons Of Guns have done for the gun culture what Deliverance did for tourism in Appalachia."   ;D ;D ;D

:TooFunny:

SinGin

Quote from: Turkey Trot on February 29, 2012, 08:11:42 PM
Maybe we will learn more about the big fraud they perpetrate on ownership since the BATF's record owner, Vince, "quit."  They made him the owner after the fat guy and his daughter apparently got in trouble with BATF for shoddy record keeping. 

So how do they have a license now and who is the licensee?

Was making the one that quit the owner back when a sham transaction?

I enjoy reading gun forums on black guns about that show.  Those guys are merciless and funny as all hades.

Last that I read, Joe and Charlie are the new "owners" of the business. Think theses guys are bad do a google search on American Guns. Sounds like that owner, rich is a wack job.