turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WORLD SLAM

Started by slamman, February 29, 2012, 07:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slamman

I can't help myself I have to brag and I'm going crazy counting the hours.  I finally leave this Saturday for Mexico to hunt the Ocellated Turkey to fulfill a life long dream of getting a World Slam.  However there is a twist.  I will try and take at least one of my birds by bow and with any luck finish one dream and start another by taking a World Slam with a bow. I have never hunted turkey with a bow.  Saturday can't come soon enough!

I have to add a thank you (and you know who you are) to certain member(s) on this board who have talked with me for endless hours by phone the last couple weeks giving me tips, support and insight about what to expect on my hunt, and thank you old gobbler.com.

Sincerely,

Bill

guesswho

Good luck, and like the old saying goes, drink plenty of water.  Or something like that.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Crappiepro

That would be the ultimate dream to be able to complete the slam!! Good luck and I hope you have safe trip!
On a side note, its Mexico right? Yeah, drink plenty of water BEFORE you get there LOL!

twinters

Congratulations on your opportunity for the world slam,good luck,and safe hunting/traveling

afoshie

good luck man i have always wanted to hunt them things. That has to be the prize for me is that collored occelated bird. Hope you end up well.

bonemonger

best wishes to you, hope your dream is fulfilled.

MouthCaller

Good luck sir! whack and stack em!

vaturkey

Good Luck, Be Safe , & Have Fun !   :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

hoyt

Do you have to call in Spanish or do they come to English calling.

Good luck on your hunt.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Wingbone

Good luck man! I can't wait to get down there for an ocellated. Have a great time and take good pictures.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

RutnNStrutn

slamman

Quote from: hoyt on February 29, 2012, 09:38:58 PM
Do you have to call in Spanish or do they come to English calling.

Good luck on your hunt.

yes instead of cluck cluck cluck in Spanish it is cloqueo cloqueo cloquoe I can't even say it fast 3 times much less try and get my box call to try and sound like that.   :)  thank you all for your best wishes and with any luck at all I'll be posting pictures on the 11th.

hookedspur

Quote from: vaturkey on February 29, 2012, 09:25:49 PM

Good Luck, Be Safe , & Have Fun !   :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Ricky says it best . :icon_thumright: :happy0064:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Gooserbat

Best of luck and be safe down there.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.