Main Menu

How Long Have You Been Turkey Hunting?

Started by Crappiepro, February 29, 2012, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

This should be my 24th year...I think?

TRKYHTR

Quote from: catdaddy on March 01, 2012, 03:02:47 PM
I have been turkey hunting since the early 80"s. I wih I had kept track of the numbers I have killed.

Lets just say      ALOT!!!!!

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Johnny Dingo in SC

Last March 16 I turned 54. Opening day was march 15th and it was the first time I ever hunted turkey. In fact, it was the first time I ever hunted ANYTHING! I had a good first season, even though I didn't get a bird, but I expect this season to be better. Last fall, I did get my first white-tail! Nothing great, a 9 point about 130# but it was one of the best days of my life. Now, if I could just take one of those pesky long-beards!

MCase

8th Season for me...wish I'd have started way sooner!

Preacher

started in early 1980s   but really did not have a clue untill I started going with my Now paw-in-law aka Grunt in 1988.   so around 30 years.
Romans 8:37

RustySap

WiLL B

My Daddy took me to listen on my second birthday in 1967 and at least a few times every year since. I don't remember when I started carrying a gun but I was young. Killed my first one in 1980. Have been blessed to be able to hunt a lot in the last 40 or so years. Looking forward to this season!!

Gooserbat

I was 7 years old in 1985 when my Dad took me for the first time.  That will be 27 seasons ago.   I still remember that morning in the pine country of SE OK when standing there in the half light I watched Dad bLow the ol' "Who cooks for you, who cooks for us too."  Some where a turkey gobbeled and then another, and a seven year old kids eyes lit up.  Right then and there I became a Turkey Hunter.

Thanks Dad
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jjenkins

MossbergMike

This is only my second season coming up. But this site is helping me temendously.

Half fast

Quote from: MossbergMike on March 03, 2012, 10:48:59 AM
This is only my second season coming up. But this site is helping me temendously.
Same here , learned alot the fist year, didnt get a bird but had a Great time

DC1.

This will be 42 Springs for me .  Hope I got another 42 in me ! lol     :funnyturkey:

ncturkey

TN Longbeard

Frankinthelaurels

Let's see..... 57 minus 12 equals 45...so it's 45 years!! And I still or maybe get more excited today than I did 45 seasons ago..nothing on this planet I enjoy more other than family. Been a long journey and to about 17 different states other than confusion. :z-winnersmiley: