OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How Long Have You Been Turkey Hunting?

Started by Crappiepro, February 29, 2012, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Timber

This will be my 34th. year, started hunting them in 1978 and killed my first bird in 1979. Still learning!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

hoyt

51yrs. I remember calling Knight and Hale about some turkey calls and which ever  one I talked to (don't remember that) wanted to tell me about a new call they were coming out with called a Tube Call.

Also remember when mouth diaphragms started hitting the hardware stores...that's where most of the sporting goods were sold back then and it was very hard to find anybody that sold turkey calls. Bout the only one's I remember were Lynch box and Jet Slate. But when the mouth calls came out the late Ben Lee had one that had a chunk of lead on the top (acted like the double frame of today).  Wonder everybody didn't get lead poison from it. Although I can't swear it was lead...it was heavy and metal I remember that.

I had to beg people to go spring gobbler hunting with me...99% of the hunters back then didn't even know there was a turkey season in the spring. Never saw another hunter back in those days.

WildTigerTrout

I have hunted turkeys off and on since the mid-1970's. Just really got serious about it the last 14 years.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

DocHolliday

pittboss

Not long enough..... but I'll keep trying!

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

snuff can

i started going with my dad when i was twelve in 78.

jblackburn

I started in 1998.  I was in 8th grade and called in a nice 2 year old that was almost 20 lbs.  I guess this is my 15th season coming up.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

pcgobbler

Started in 1998 while in college.  Didn't get a bird my first year, but got three my second year, all longbeards.  So I guess I'm going into my 15th season and I still learn something and get my tail kicked a bunch every year!!  Wouldn't trade it for nothing!!

pdqt

I killed my first one in the fall, at age 25. That means I have been after them twice a yr. for 48 yrs.  Unless I was a little younger to start.   :toothy9:

Doug-Va

30 years and enjoy it more and more each year!

Doug

Old Gobbler

28 years turkey hunting - I got to thank my Dad for taking me along with him on the hunting trips
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

njdevilsb

I started when I was the legal age of 12.  I am now 25.  Over 14 years now.

Kywoodsman