OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what box call to get

Started by leasburg, February 29, 2012, 06:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leasburg

I mainly use a slate and mouth call, but i really would like to add a nice box call to my vest.  i prefer to buy homeade calls rather than store bought.  any good box call makers on here you guys recomend
Rub it right pro staff, hunt em boats pro staff, proud supporter of floating the 4th shell, take a kid golfing my hunting spots are getting crowded

BowBendr

Tim Bullock at No Bull Custom Calls makes a killer. He's trb136 here on OG.

tomanyturkeycalls

Quote from: BowBendr on February 29, 2012, 08:26:02 PM
Tim Bullock at No Bull Custom Calls makes a killer. He's trb136 here on OG.
x2 on tim bullock and Jerry zebro makes a great box also...

leasburg

Cool deal, i am not sure weather to het a long box call or a short.  i want it for a different sound on off says when there not talking. i have a acrylic striker that is loud on my slate call for windy days.   Never owned a box call so what say you, thanks in advance for the info guys
Rub it right pro staff, hunt em boats pro staff, proud supporter of floating the 4th shell, take a kid golfing my hunting spots are getting crowded

scoot12

Jerry Zebro makes an awesome box that is very reasonable, mine is bloodwood over walnut and WillowRidgeCalls makes an awesome Gibson box that is also reasonable that sounds great.  Scoot

HunterMan

Turkey Trot

It is hard to keep up with who is on here and who is not, not all members post with the same frequency.  But the incomplete list of box call makers from whom I want to have calls (I have some of them):

Jerry White--Dad's Custom in GA
Pappy's
Culpeper
Ferguson
Tim Bullock --No Bull
Jeff McKamey--Twisting Creek
Bill Baublit--BB Custom in CA
Lamar Williams--FL
Bob Harwell--SC
BeardHunter--in GA
Sean Mann--in SC
Lonnie Mabry--In GA
Billy White--in AL
Jerry Zebro (sp?)
SS Calls-in VA
Albert Paul--in MS

Tim Bullock and Jeff McKamey killed it last year at the SE Regional Callmaker Competition.

There are others on here, I just can't think of them at the moment.

Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

North of 8

Quote from: scoot12 on March 01, 2012, 02:14:48 AM
Jerry Zebro makes an awesome box that is very reasonable, mine is bloodwood over walnut.
Jeff McKamey--Twisting Creek also an award winning call maker's call  for a great price.

:agreed:   Jerry Won the NWTF Neil Cost Award 3 years in a row.
x2

leasburg

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Stoner

Albert Paul, check out the Albert Paul post below.

rawalley

STAY HOME!

r.bmann

I have a couple boxes from Rick Ferlita at Cypress Creek. He makes great calls that look great and sound awesome.  shoot him a PM he is on forum.    Ron

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Albert Paul or Robert Clifft

turkeytromp

I have used alot of popular production calls for a couple years until I purchased one of al's ss custom calls, let me tell ya they are 100% turkey! love them