OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need a liitle help: Pistol Grip with a Red Dot Sight

Started by jyoung, February 29, 2012, 09:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wool

I have that stock on my 870 with a red dot sight. I made a "riser" by using foam like you find in a hard gun case and some that is sometimes used in shipping.

Cut it into several strips that are the length you want and about 2.5-3" wide. You can stack them on top of each other or tape one at a time to the top of the stock with electrical tape. You'll need to use several layers  and make it taller/ higher than you actually want it, because the tape will compress it as you wrap it around the stock. I finished mine with a roll of the "cloth" type camouflage tape. It doesn't look bad and it is effective.

I tried the Beartooth kit first, and it didn't work on this stock. Method above works on the same principle, just a bit more crude...

mightyjoeyoung

I know this is kind of a "garage, work bench" fix but you could always, get some foam like what comes in the beartooth kit and cut it to fit the comb and then secure it with something like the McNett self adhesive, removable camo tape (similar to Coban medical wrap).  You would at least have a raised, padded cheek area and much less chance of chipping a tooth.  Believe me when I say that a bad check weld can cost you some dental bills to get a chipped tooth fixed!   :TooFunny:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.