OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How about posting pics of your scoped rigs

Started by Nick_The_Tinkerer, February 28, 2012, 01:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick_The_Tinkerer

Working on a few things on my 835 and thinking of going to a scope looking for ideas.....

davisd9

Mossberg 835 with a Simmons 4 x 32 mm Pro-Diamond.  The choke is a Star Dot.  The scope was orginally Matte Black but I put some of the Mossy Oak Graphics tape on it. 

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ILIKEHEVI-13

ILIKEHEVI-13

And I will tell you through experience that putting a scope on a 835 and the tang safety don't mix very well.  That Tasco sight I have now is way better. 

reynolds243

you cant see the scope but you get the idea lol

ILIKEHEVI-13

I say that because it's easy to push the safety off.  But putting it back on safety is where the problem lies and getting your thumb in underneath the scope. 

davisd9

What Hevi said is true, but taking it off safety is not a problem.  You do have a little more work putting the safety on but I have realized that it helps me be more careful about making sure the safety has been switche back on.  It has not hindered me a bit.  
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

the Ward

Hey Reynolds,how did you get my squirrel rifle outa my safe????

reynolds243

Quote from: the Ward on February 28, 2012, 01:40:09 PM
Hey Reynolds,how did you get my squirrel rifle outa my safe????

hahah thats my fishing pole these days! makes fishing MUCH easier.

BHhunter

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 28, 2012, 01:34:45 PM
I say that because it's easy to push the safety off.  But putting it back on safety is where the problem lies and getting your thumb in underneath the scope. 
It is "different" than operating the traditional trigger guard safety, but it's not bad, definately not a show stopper.

goblr77

Simmons Pro Diamond 4X and Gamereaper mount

joey46

Another Simmons Pro-Diamond 4x32.  This one on my 870 Express with cantilever barrel.  Whenever this comes up on any forum I'm often the only Simmons poster.  The Master Series Simmons are good and very inexpensive.  Usually can be found for under $100 if you shop around.

vaturkey

Benelli SBE2  With Leupold VX2  2x7 Scope    :newmascot:
Vaturkey

seadux

Remington SPS SM Max Gobbler with a Simmons 4x turkey scope.

Grunt-N-Gobble