OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

scope power question

Started by tomanyturkeycalls, February 27, 2012, 05:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomanyturkeycalls

If i was to put a scope on my turkey gun.. what is the power that you all would put on it??? fixed., adjustable ect..and for you guys that use one.... what power do you usually have it set on??

HogBiologist

I have a 1.5 -4 power scope.  I keep mine below or at 2x.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

davisd9

I have a Simmons Pro-diamond 4 x 32 mm.  It works well in open woods and fields.  I would love to have the 2 x 32 mm in the classifieds but I do not have the 80 bucks to spend on it right now because I have other turkey hunting things I want more. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WildTigerTrout

I have a Simmons Pro-Diamond 2 x 32 mm. I really don't see the need for more power on a turkey gun. I currently have mine mounted on my Knight TK2000 12 ga ML.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

goblr77

Quote from: davisd9 on February 27, 2012, 05:36:25 PM
I have a Simmons Pro-diamond 4 x 32 mm.  It works well in open woods and fields.  I would love to have the 2 x 32 mm in the classifieds but I do not have the 80 bucks to spend on it right now because I have other turkey hunting things I want more.

I have the same 4 x 32. No problems shooting them up close with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spurcollecta

Quote from: LaBiologist on February 27, 2012, 05:25:56 PM
I have a 1.5 -4 power scope.  I keep mine below or at 2x.

I too have a 1.5-4x scope and I keep it on 2x or lower. Good advice^^^

vaturkey

I have a Leupold VX2   2x7 Scope on my Benelli. I keep it on 4 power .  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Reloader

I've always went variable, but seem to keep them at about 2.5 for hunting.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: tomanyturkeycalls on February 27, 2012, 05:19:51 PM
If i was to put a scope on my turkey gun.. what is the power that you all would put on it??? fixed., adjustable ect..and for you guys that use one.... what power do you usually have it set on??

As others have said, I would not recommend anything more than 4 power and at times that could be too much.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

strutstopper

My scope is 1.5-4 and I always have it on 4 power. I have never had a problem with it being on a 4 power, even if the bird is extremely close.

tomanyturkeycalls

Quote from: allaboutshooting on February 28, 2012, 11:09:27 AM
Quote from: tomanyturkeycalls on February 27, 2012, 05:19:51 PM

As others have said, I would not recommend anything more than 4 power and at times that could be too much.

Thanks,
Clark
Clark.... what do you use for sights on your turkey guns?