turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who's headed west this season

Started by Sherrell, February 26, 2012, 10:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherrell

Who's headed out west this year.spoke with the ranch manager a few days back where I hunt out in New Mexico every year and he says it is going to be a outstanding Spring season there.I thought it might as we were covered in juvenile gobblers last year.

redleg06

I'm from the "west" but moved east this year to Bama....I miss the hill country all the time anyway and cant wait to take  a trip back in the spring. 

Less humidity, less mosquitos and easier turkey....   yeah, I'm in on that.

Sherrell

We were up at 10,000 feet last year and it was tough.only one bird gobbled from the roost in four days of huntin'.had a good hunt though and heck who needs one to gobble to put shot in his head anyway.

bgbuck153

4 of us are heading for our first west turkey hunt for merriams in Nebraska ! Last week of April ! Can't wait ! :z-guntootsmiley:

vagrousehunter

Headed to Nebraska and Kansas this year.   That's pretty far west for a Va. boy.  

MY

kyduck1

schuylkillspur

Headin to KS the last week of April, Hope the weather is better than last year. :OGani:
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

Sherrell

That was our problem...sun shining one minute and snow blowing like crazy as a low moved across the Rockies.

OLE RASPY

Wish i could say i was this year but im not.Going to stay around home this year.Gotta texas hunt booked for next year though. :icon_thumright:
Wish i was going back to nebraska.

mossy835

Already out west (WA state) so I will head east for 6 hours to hunt this year (still in WA). :OGani:

jblackburn

I live in OK, so I guess that is west.  I'm going North to KS for early archery and a mid-May hunt.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

gotcha

Drew a prairie tag in SD,will more than likely hit Nebraska while in the neighborhood.Love rural America!

slamman

I'm already out west in Arizona didn't get drawn waiting to see if I get drawn for turkey on the Navajo Reservation if not it's OTC in New Mexico.

WiLL B