turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My New Project!

Started by Jayhawkeye, February 22, 2011, 01:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayhawkeye

i bought a Beretta A390 ST w/ a 24" Barrel.  the guy i purchased the gun from said he bought it back in 1999 when he thought about getting into turkey hunting.  he had a gunsmith hone the action and port the barrel.  I'm not sure why, but he changed his mind and never went hunting.  hence, this gun has never been shot.  it was as better deal than a new stoeger 2000 or a mossberg 930.  it's off to the gunsmith tomorrow to be drilled a tapped for a Burris FFII with the marlin mount.  all i need now is a choke.  choices, choices...

Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

blueribbon

Sweet looking Thunderstick there!!!

doublegobble

Nice! I just bought a Benelli SBEII and am trying to decide if I want a Burris Speed Bead on it or not.
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

MarkJM

Boy that is a really cool looking camo pattern on it  :you_rock:
MuellerCustomCalls

joshua

Sweet looking head thumper.  My buddy has one but with a different camo.  Good turkey killer. :icon_thumright:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Muskie03

Looks sweet, now to blast away :smiley-char092:
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Jayhawkeye

Quote from: doublegobble on February 22, 2011, 11:50:25 AM
Nice! I just bought a Benelli SBEII and am trying to decide if I want a Burris Speed Bead on it or not.

i had the same dilemma.  speed bead vs. marlin mount.  i decided to have my gun drilled & tapped to fit a mossberg one piece weaver mount.  i'll mount the FFII w/ the marlin mount  for now.  however i like having the option to mount the standard mossberg weaver mount to gun.  it was only $10 extra to get the 2 front plate holes done.

ghillie

Very nice...I too like the camo pattern...that will be a turkey killer fo sure

Shotgun

pittboss

I shoot a Beretta Xtrema with the pure gold .670 and Hevi 13 #6 . Great choke.... shoots great patterns.   Great looking rig fer sure

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

bird

Very Nice budro, very nice indeed.    :icon_thumright:

Jayhawkeye

i got the call today.  my new project is officially drilled and tapped... too bad they are closed on Sunday and Monday.   :newmascot:

Jayhawkeye

1 step closer to finished...  the FFII is mounted.  I'll have a IC choke in a couple of days.

berettaFFII by jayhawkeye08, on Flickr

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

bird