turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Civil War Tribute Pot Call .... pappy SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Started by pappy, February 25, 2012, 11:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

What we have here is a special pot caller...made from a piece of Stabilized and spalted burl which I believe was big leaf burl, it is Bronzed glass 3 - 1/4" over glass. On the back I mounted an artifact found in New Madrid County, I believe it is a rosette. Domed stamped brass with huge US...It was found while metal detecting an area known for artifacts, as I have found many there myself, on the inside under the sound board is a 58 caliper three ringer spent bullet from another field nearby, I found this one myself. The striker is made from Wormy American Chestnut a tree which flourished during the period, but due to diseases no longer can be found. pappy Looking for 75.00 plus shipping, this is a great price as the history involved with this call is documented well in America's past. New Madrid was involved in the Civil War The Battle Of Island Number Ten and nearby Belmont, so there were troops camped in the area and squirmishes took place often.....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Rope

Freedom is NOT free

Deputy 14

CallMaker

Pappy, You are out doing yourself!  That's beautiful and represents a great piece of history.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Steven

HuntSource

I'll take it, Pappy. Please PM me payment information. Thanks!

flydowntn

S. P. Game Calls