OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Info for Beretta Extrema Owners (choke, shot and awesome pattern)

Started by sawtooth, February 25, 2012, 06:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

Anyone that has this gun should try a Carlson .682 extended turkey choke and the 3.5" Hevi-13 with 2.25 oz of #5 shot.  This load is disastrous on turkeys as the Hevi #5's have just crazy knock down power.  This load provides  210 + pellets in 10" circle @ 40yds and still whooping butt out to 60yds.  Try it and let me know if you see the same results.  My buddy has just purchased same gun, choke and ammo so we'll see what his does once it arrives next week. :z-guntootsmiley:

Longshanks

Fantastic! Let us know what happens with your buddies gun. I'm interested to know if it can be duplicated. The Hevi 5's don't sell very well around here and several places  are over stocked from last year. May be able to get a good deal on the 5's in the off season.

K9Doc

Thats a very high percentage in the 10" circle at 40!!!  I would shoot it at a lasered 40 yards and get a 3 shot average in the 10" and 20" circles.  It that is the average, you have a awesome combo.  Go buy every box in that lot # that you can find.  Let me know the results. :z-winnersmiley:
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

mightyjoeyoung

WOW!!!  That's even better than my tuned up, slug gun triggered, super-cleaned/pollished barrel 835, that literally shoots about everything well and that I practically have to work at to get bad patterns out of will do!!!!   :bike2:  Post up the patterns please.  Seriously.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Tom Foolery

That's a great pattern, 65%+ of that load is in the 10" circle

beagler

Nice! My dad is shooting a Hevishot tube in his Xtrema with pretty good results!
Never Misses

goblr77

Sawtooth, let us know what your friend's gun does with that combo. You are putting up numbers similar to 6's with 5's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sawtooth

i'll definitely get back to everyone one.  He just received his gun today and i think were going to take it for a test drive tomorrow.  Need to get some poster board and then we are ready.  I'll post some pictures of the targets as soon as test are complete. 

TNTOM

I shoot Extrema also and very happy with my Indian Creek but always looking for a better mousetrap.  Is the model number on Carlson 70030?  That's a .665.  model 64098 is .683. Am I missing the choke with .682 dia?  Can you provide the model number?  Can't wait to see the picture.

sawtooth

sorry its a .683 tube.  Sorry should have looked vs going off memory. 

Bamarich

Ordered one from Carlson's the other day after seeing the post... want to see if it will outperform my Hevi-Shot tube/Nitros and Indian Creek tube/WER's.  If I can put up similar numbers to you with HS #5, I'll switch in a heartbeat.  I'd always like to have 5's if possible... they are devestating.

sawtooth

Ok we got my friends gun out and it did well.  Not as good as mine but very close.  Keep in mind his gun is new and the bore has never been polished so it should get better after worked over a bit.  From the targets we consistently got 203-209 pellets in the 10" circle showing very consistent results.  We took the center of each pattern to identify a 10" circle.  The funny thing is during each shot most pellets lost ended up being just out of the circle on the North side.   Overall for #5 shot this is a pretty strong pattern.  

WiLL B

TNTOM

I'm convenced. Thanks sawtooth. Just to be clear b/f I order.....  Is it model 64098?