OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Does your state require you check your bird?

Started by FttFttVroom!, February 21, 2011, 09:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

VA you have to check them in via call in system.  with a bag limit of 3 in the spring if you did not take any in the fall.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

njdevilsb

In NY we have to call in or report them online.

OLE RASPY

Jbird22

No tags nor check in here in MS. It is strictly on the honor system here. I personally wish we had to tag em and check em in.

Mailman

iowa tagem in the field and report them on line or by phone.
One Shot One Kill

FttFttVroom!

Quote from: JBIRD22 on February 21, 2011, 10:49:17 PM
No tags nor check in here in MS. It is strictly on the honor system here. I personally wish we had to tag em and check em in.

wow

Jbird22

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on February 21, 2011, 10:56:17 PM
Quote from: JBIRD22 on February 21, 2011, 10:49:17 PM

wow

Yeah tell me about it. But as stated earlier, the ones who are gonna outlaw are gonna outlaw regardless of the rules.

FttFttVroom!

HogBiologist

Quote from: turkey slayer on February 21, 2011, 10:01:13 PM
Just tag them here with date and Parish

Dont forget to call em in and get the confermation #
Certified Wildlife Biologist

joshua

SC done away with the check stations around 5 to 7 years ago.  You still have to tag them.  Going to the check station and telling and hearing stories from other hunters is not done anymore and it is a shame IMHO.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Jbird22

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on February 21, 2011, 11:02:18 PM
Im just impressed more than suprised

I am impressed by the states that require you to physically check your birds in. I know it can be a hassle but at least it does convey some type of accountability. We have a 3 bird limit which is very generous but it still gets abused beyond belief. I am sure that it goes on a lot more places than just here though.

jv

I wish here in Ms. we did have some kind of Check in or taging system.
Respect the land as well as the game you hunt.

Tomteaser

We don't need to check birds in Michigan, we only get one tag though, which is bullsh*t!

TRKYHTR

CA doesn't even have tags for turkeys much less make you check your turkeys in. It's all on the honor system.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Odessa

In NC we must notch the tag (we have two spring only tags) before removing the bird from the kill site.  Then you must call in for a registration number, which you write onto your tag - tag stays in your wallet, not on the bird.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge