Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does your state require you check your bird?

Started by FttFttVroom!, February 21, 2011, 09:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireDoc

For Michigan, nope. They do a survey at the end of the season, but not mandatory.
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

PANYHunter

TANK

Quote from: turkey slayer on February 21, 2011, 10:01:13 PM
Just tag them here with date and Parish
forgot having to call and talk to the computer and repeat everything 3 times! :toothy12:

HogBiologist

Quote from: TANK on February 22, 2011, 03:56:38 PM
forgot having to call and talk to the computer and repeat everything 3 times! :toothy12:

works better if you do it online.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

Shotgun

Yes in AR.  You have to put a tag on the bird, before moving.  Then you have 24 hrs to check it in online or by phone.

Crutch

Wow, every state is so different. Going to the checking station is a fun way of showing off your bird too. In Tn, they print you off a new tag everytime you check something in and they record all the data and it goes directly into the TWRA database. In my county in 09 we took 643 birds. Region II recored almost 11000 birds. The state total was 30074 birds tagged in 09. That only accounts for the legal ethical hunters but we still have an abundance of birds.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

TANK

Quote from: LaBiologist on February 23, 2011, 02:24:17 PM
Quote from: TANK on February 22, 2011, 03:56:38 PM

works better if you do it online.
Prolly so , but I usually forget and end up doing it before daylight when I'm gettin ready to head into woods rite before the 72 hour deadline.........I do have a knew iPhone for this season!

Dan Mallia

Quote from: TRKYHTR on February 22, 2011, 12:15:11 AM
CA doesn't even have tags for turkeys much less make you check your turkeys in. It's all on the honor system.

TRKYHTR

I'd support a tag system here in CA if the money went to the turkey fund, but unfortunately it wouldn't....................

Sucks too because there are dishonest "hunters" out there shooting more than their alloted 3 per season. >:(

Timmer

Minnesota -  you have to tag them on site and note the date, and then register them.  They just added phone in registration, so that's more convenient.

Wisconsin - you have to tag them on site and note the date, and you have to physically register them and get it banded.

South Dakota - taking my first trip this year, I don't know!  
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

YELPA

Alabama's harvest report system has already been mentioned.  It is insufficient.  I wish we had an actual tagging system.  Don't care whether it's telecheck, internet or check stations for checking the birds, but I want a tag per bird.  A copier will work wonders to multiply that 5 into 10 or 15 or 20. 

Rio Fan

In Washington we have to put a tag on the bird and then we have to report the kill to the game department within 10 days.  I do it on-line, but I believe you can also do it over the phone.

In Idaho, we tag the bird and they send us a survey after the season is over.

WyoHunter

Check in not required in the states I hunt -  WY, NE, KS but of course they must be tagged.  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Basser69

No tags no check-in here in Alabama. 5 Bird limit on the "honor" system. I would really like to see them go on some kind of tag system

Rodd Gunn

In Pennsylvania - no. Only tag it at the spot of the kill.

swamp_bird89