turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DSD decoy questions

Started by stilker, February 24, 2012, 12:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stilker

1. How do the dave smith hen decoys come to shape? Do you have to blow them up like the zinks? Or do they pop out or what.....and how long does it take to do it

2. Can it fold up in the back of a vest?

3. opinion on submissive hen decoy?

preciate ye

Old Gobbler

They don't blow up ,and need no inflation whatsoever  - instant setup

But they are flexible and very durable to the point they will take a blast form a shotgun , they will never deflate

They fit easily in a vest -

The submissive hen works well in conjunction with a DSD jake of Strutter   
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

stilker

so they don't collapse? it will be kinda like a balloon in your gamebag?

busta biggun

They are like hard plastic. They are full size and do not collapse. You need to carry them in a bag over your shoulder. Little bulky but worth it!

Turkeyfan

I will say, this I want leave home without them.

Cove

Everyone thinks the not collapsing part as an issue, but if you had one for a week you'd see where all these positive comments are coming from. . . with the shoulder bag they provide, their smaller size and very light weight you'll never notice that it's there.

Timber Chicken

If it wasn't a hard body they couldn't do this.

vaturkey

Vaturkey

mudhen

Little bit of mixed info, none wrong, it's just that there are two versions of DSD's  ;D

DSD's used to be made of hard resin.  No deflating at all.  Carry in bag, and be careful, they can break.

2-3 years ago, they switched to ACE, which is more like a soft polymer.  While ACE can hardly be described as collapsible, they are fairly flexible.  Not sure they will fit in most vests though.

The ACE is hard to beat in my opinion...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

busta biggun

When I said hard plastic, I guess I could have specified that it is "semi pliable" polymer. The bottom line is he was wondering if you blew them up and the answer is no. They are not inflatable.

Dan Mallia

Quote from: mudhen on February 24, 2012, 07:47:10 PM
Little bit of mixed info, none wrong, it's just that there are two versions of DSD's  ;D

DSD's used to be made of hard resin.  No deflating at all.  Carry in bag, and be careful, they can break.

2-3 years ago, they switched to ACE, which is more like a soft polymer.  While ACE can hardly be described as collapsible, they are fairly flexible.  Not sure they will fit in most vests though.

The ACE is hard to beat in my opinion...

mudhen

What Mudhen said.  :z-winnersmiley:

Doubletap

Just buy one, you wont be sorry