News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If you could only take one call?

Started by Turkeyslayer 101, February 23, 2012, 10:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctwny1

NCDEADEYE

Wingbone for sure. The one and only call for Ole Grand daddy Tom... Must sound real sexy

dodger

Quote from: neal on February 24, 2012, 10:56:18 AM
Hooks Bronze glass and one of my yellowheart strikers 10 died last year from that combo so why give up a good thing!

Bingo...

mudhen

Some form of raspy double or triple diaphragm call.  Primos Triple w/bat cut, something from Hooks, etc.

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

socalturkeyman

My scratch box calls, either dougals fir with white oak striker,or my new walnut with mahogany stiker. I know they're deadly since thats mostly what I use. Or my long box calls that toms just love to gobble to.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

savduck

Id like to  say one of my trumpets, but I would take a mouth call. Its waterproof, light weight, hands free and I can replicate many differents sounds with it. I hunt lots of pressured public land and dont have any issues even late season with a mouth call.
Georgia Boy

goblr77

Lon Trice glass call. Coming in a close second would be a Billy White Hustlin Hen.

Eric Gregg

Here is one no one has maybe heard of, but should......
Southland Game Calls from AL makes a call named the Eastern Special.
It is a competition style caller and very diverse. Great sound, not too raspy......just right.
I have had the most responses to that mouth call more than anything I have in my arsenal.

Shotgun

jblackburn

Man that's a tough question.  I think I would lean to my Gooserbat Hillbilly diaphragm.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

dlquinn

It would have to be my Mother Lode laminated slate...its the call I have been working with the most.
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

hawaiian

TRKYHTR

Mother Lode X-Terminator mouth call.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

afoshie

Devastator

mine would have to be a hooks devastator.