OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

If you could only take one call?

Started by Turkeyslayer 101, February 23, 2012, 10:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOOKS1

Cleburne

A slate pot call with three different strikers.

neal

Hooks Bronze glass and one of my yellowheart strikers 10 died last year from that combo so why give up a good thing!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

mfd1027

Defintely a mouthcall.   I make my own and it'd probably be a 3 reeded batwing cut with .003 latex over 2 prophylactic reeds.  The diversity of this combination is endless.   
Dan

MOStrutter

Glass pot call.  You just can't argue with the success that these calls have every spring.

Roostem33

It would have to be the Red Wasp by Woodhaven, I have the most confidence in this call.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

hoyt

Woodhaven Copperhead mouth diaphragm has been good to me for a while....so would take it. It's not the one that I like best...I like the Woodhaven NWTF Ghost Cutter diaphragm best..very easy to use and will make all the sounds, quiet and loud. Just seems like I got the Copperhead in my mouth everytime I'm around a hot gobbler.

TnTurk

If I didn't have my Billy White "Hustlin Hen" box call I'd feel like I was going in naked.   :goofball:

REBELYELL

Quote from: JBIRD22 on February 24, 2012, 09:06:56 AM
Hooks JR Executioner 2

Got a friend blowing that call in a jr frame. Man, he can do some awesome hen talking with that little call.

mrclif

Quote from: TnTurk on February 24, 2012, 12:10:26 PM
If I didn't have my Billy White "Hustlin Hen" box call I'd feel like I was going in naked.   :goofball:
with out a doubt what he said :z-winnersmiley:

longspur

Rio Fan

I'd have to say I'd take my David Halloran Crystal Mistress with a couple of different strikers. 

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Roostem33 on February 24, 2012, 11:53:18 AM
It would have to be the Red Wasp by Woodhaven, I have the most confidence in this call.
Same here!! :you_rock:

bonemonger

right now it would be my primos power crystal, but i have a new arsenal going to the woods with me to try out this year.