turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If you could only take one call?

Started by Turkeyslayer 101, February 23, 2012, 10:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossy835

One of TRKYHTR's slate calls it just talks turkey!!!

captpete

Woodhaven Cherry Classic slate. It's the call I run the best and have the most confidence in.

Ol'Mossy

headbanger

My OLD Rohm brothers double sided slate. The nastiest, raspiest yelp with the softest purring I've ever heard. Been the death of quite a few.

Curtdawg88

My Magnolia Game Calls slate because I am more confident with it than any other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

West Augusta

Glen Marrer Zebrawood glass over slate and my hollow Locust striker.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

SWAMPFOX

my parker wheddon wingbone because it is all turkey.

Big Timber

A glass pot made by AJ Turkey Calls.  :icon_thumright:

WildTigerTrout

Primos "True Double" stacked frame (Piggyback) mouth call. I have confidence in this call and killed my two best gobblers with it, one in 2004 and the other in 2011. Also like all mouth calls it does not require movement to run it, that's a big advantage.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Sherrell

Would be a toss up between a trumpet,wingbone or one of my many tubes.

Crappiepro

My one call would be my Mike Yingling slate call. It's just a great call, makes some sweet sounds and is always consistant!

Jbird22

deadhead

Hen turkey wingbone thats at least 30 years old,lot of history with this call.
just remember they are big chickens.

TennLongspur

Quote from: captpete on February 24, 2012, 03:08:29 AM
Woodhaven Cherry Classic slate. It's the call I run the best and have the most confidence in.

Amen to that. Woodhaven Cherry Classic - it is my all around favorite call and is solely responsible for many turkey's untimely deaths.

(But I do like a Woodhaven Red Scorpion diaphram when they get close because it is hands free.)
"The wild turkey possesses the remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

TrackeySauresRex

My CC Smoker.  ;D it's been the go to reed for me.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."