OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

If you could only take one call?

Started by Turkeyslayer 101, February 23, 2012, 10:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyslayer 101

If you could only take one call in the woods turkey hunting what would it be and why?
Be sharp but don't cut yourself!

TANK

Wingbone.......reason being, watch how many replies you will receive with similar answers..........the wingbone won't be as popular as diaphrams, slates, etc.

bird

hookedspur

A Glass pot call and only because I feel I can run it better than any I own and Im confident in it .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Trevor2

Hooks persuader! Unless it's real windy I can normally get a response out a ol gobbler with it.
Strutstopper

redarrow

K&H Slatek with a Mad Calls purpleheart striker.Most of my birds have been taken with this call.

wingbonehntr

Wingbone. Lot of pressure where I hunt and not many people use them

K9Doc

Good ol Ashby Gobbler box.  Sweet hen on one side, gobbler yelps on other, andcan gobble with it too.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

TauntoHawk

one call huh? Hooks executioner because its versatile
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cannonball

Brian Mero trumpet. I can play it well and most birds haven't heard it before. One of the most realistic calls you will hear in the woods.

Turkeyslayer 101

Looks like the hooks are in the lead, I really like the David halloran crystal mistress that would be my choice....
Be sharp but don't cut yourself!

redleg06

Toss up between a hooks executioner and hooks executioner 2.

Reason - diaphram calls make all the sounds you need to kill a turkey and they are hands free so you can have your hands on your gun when he's getting ready to give up the ghost... :toothy9:

TRKYHTR

I'm sorry I can't just take 1 call to the woods. This is just my box call collection.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

rempumpman

Definately a true wingbone; nothing creates a gobble faster....................rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

twinters

it would have to be the Cody woodsman glass pot call for me, it has a very good rasp,and you can make every sound a turkey makes. perfect for low key clucks and purrs,and if you need to get more aggressive on windy days.its an all around good call