turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Reflections On Getting Old.

Started by Hognutz, February 23, 2012, 02:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hognutz

Ten years later, the  group of 25-year-old guys discussed where they should  meet for dinner. It was agreed they should meet at the  Ocean View Restaurant because the beer was cheap, they  had free snacks, the band was good, there was no cover and there were lots of cute girls.

Ten years later, at 35 years of age, the group once again  discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they should meet at the Ocean View Restaurant  because the booze was good , it was right near the gym  and if they went late enough, there wouldn't be too many whiny little kids.

Ten years later, at 45 years of age, the group once again  discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed  they should meet at the Ocean View Restaurant because  the martinis were big, and the waitresses wore tight  pants.

Ten years later, at 55 years of age, the group once again  discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they should meet at the Ocean View Restaurant because  the prices were  reasonable, the wine list was good, and fish is good for your cholesterol.   

Ten years later, at 65 years of age, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they should meet at the  Ocean View Restaurant because the lighting was good  and they have an early bird special.

Ten years later, at 75 years of  age, the group once again discussed  where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they should meet at the Ocean View Restaurant because the  food was not too spicy, and the restaurant was handicapped accessible.

Ten years later, at 85 years of age, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they should meet  at the Ocean View Restaurant because they had never  been there before.

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Stoner

Sherrell

flintlock

Sign me up man!   :z-guntootsmiley:

Sad, but true!
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

sippy cup

Im 40 now man getting old  is going to suck ::) :turkey :cross2:
beware of longdale legend

Hognutz

Quote from: sippy cup on February 23, 2012, 05:09:47 PM
Im 40 now man getting old  is going to suck ::) :turkey :cross2:

You are in for a real suprise!!  ;D  Mike

cannonball

TANK

I turned 30 last Saturday...............Yall are starting to scare me!

Hognutz

I've got underwear older than that!!    :TooFunny: Wait a minute. That is not funny!!

Neill_Prater

I read something many years ago that I have never forgotten. "Never regret growing old. It is a privilege denied to many."

vaturkey

Several years ago I was trout fishing the Jackson River near West Virginia. As I was wading out in the river I happened upon an older fella with a walking stick to help him with his footing on the slick rocks. I stopped & chatted with him for a while, I said to him, you look like you're getting around pretty good here on these slick rocks. I ask him how old he was & he said 82 yrs old. I said WOW that's great ! He grinned at me & said ,yea If had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. That made my day !   :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

rempumpman

51 of them now; whatever God wants me to have I'll be happy; just remember that no matter how long one lives here, it's mighty short compared to eternity.............rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

mossy835

chatterbox

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call