OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turned some hounds loose last night

Started by Beretta686, February 23, 2012, 11:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

I have a friend that loves to coon hunt. He has even won the World Championship several years ago.

Anyway we got to talking and I told him that I needed to eradicate some coons from some of the land I hunt. The land has never been coon hunted and in fact we haven't even deer hunted it in 3 years.

We turned the dogs loose around 7 last night and were done by 10 with 5 dead coons. What a blast, that Gamo air gun is pretty bad on a coon.

We were hunting walker hounds and even worked a young 6 month old pup. Of course when i went to load up the blue tick puppy at my house, my wife put the brakes on and said not taking her unless I get a GPS tracking collar.

Oh well it was fun. Going again this weekend. Got to save the turkey eggs.
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Five O

Hunt4Meat

If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.

n2deer

That looks fun, I would like to try it some time.

catdaddy

I rasied and traiend Black & Tan coonhounds for 20 years. I don't have any now--but I do miss them. 

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

hunter-b

Nice . I miss doing that with my father . brings back old memory's .

Sherrell

woodwzrd

Sure makes me miss my hounds. I had black and tans and redbones. We ran pretty much year round. Bear most of the summer and into fall, then coon, then coyote all winter.

Swamp

wish my walker would start having nights like that agin lol.

anthonyjhallen