News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

headnet/facemask

Started by TennLongspur, February 22, 2012, 10:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TennLongspur

Suggestions for a headnet/facemask?

I like the 3/4 mask so I can pull it down around my neck when not set up, but I want something other than the mesh masks I have used in the past. I have seen some that are a different material and not mesh. I thought I had found one but I got it home and realized it has a mouth hole. I don't care for a mouth hold because I don't want my white face and pink lips shining through the hole, and the underside of the material was light in color, so if it isn't on just right, the light shows like a beacon - and I don't know about you, but I don't carry a mirror with me in the woods.

Am I being too picky? Any suggestions?
"The wild turkey possesses the remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

lightsoutcalls

Use face paint and you won't have to worry about any of those problems.  Just remember to take it off before you head to the local diner for breakfast... you might get some REAL looks.  ;)
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Timber Chicken

mnbeardbuster

I've used the Quaker Boy Elite for years, but now that I have glasses I've ordered the Under Armour Evolution Face Mask to try.

eaglea1

sugarray

I just received the Under Armour Evolution Turkey mask.  It is AWESOME!!  Very light, mesh like fabric.  Not like the HS strut mesh at all.  I like mine over my ears too, so my MIL sewed it a little to make it work for me.  I am very pleased and will likely get another for my kids as well, and for me to have a spare.

hoyt

Been using this asat for a few yrs.

turkey slayer

I just use the 3/4 mask from primos

WW

I just bought one last week from Cabelas on sale for $5 and it is called the versa mask.....It can be a full, 3/4 or 1/2 mask and it's the first mask that I actually like.

pullit

Quote from: WW on February 22, 2012, 04:19:05 PM
I just bought one last week from Cabelas on sale for $5 and it is called the versa mask.....It can be a full, 3/4 or 1/2 mask and it's the first mask that I actually like.

got a link?

jrseale82

I just got the under armour mask also.  It is mesh but you cant see through it and you dont get stuffy like you do in a solid mask.

bustinbirds

Lifelong member of The Tenth Legion

Turkey Beard

Eyeglasses were mentioned in this thread.  I can't seem to come up with anything that keeps my glasses from fogging up, even mesh, so I have to keep my nose out through the eye-hole as well.  Has anyone come up with a mask that addresses this?
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

Chris Downs

Quote from: Timber Chicken on February 22, 2012, 11:14:01 AM
This is the one I have used the last 3 years. I really like it.

http://www.midwestturkeycall.com/detail.asp?pid=M605&link=

This one is my favorite too.  I'm on my third or fourth over the years.  Holds up well, not too hot, great coverage(animals can't see through it and only one big hole for both eyes), and very comfortable.

handcannon

Quote from: turkey slayer on February 22, 2012, 03:18:05 PM
I just use the 3/4 mask from primos

Me too. I have been using the 3/4 ninja mask from Primos for the last couple seasons and really like it. It does have an mouth hole though but I that is a feature I like. To each his own.