OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dog bite

Started by TRKYHTR, February 22, 2012, 01:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Beard

Fullchoke said it well.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

Gobble!

Because the dog bite happened on the owners property I don't believe the dog can be put down, unless the owners agreed to it. Sounds like there are fines that could come from this. The owners should be paying any hospital bills. They knew what their dog was taught to do. It was their responsibility to contain their dog while having someone working on their property.

mfd1027

I have to agree with Full Choke too.   The dog was doing what dog's do.   You need to teach the owner a lesson.   She obviously knows that her dog is aggressive by her comment "no one messes with my dog",   A clear admission of guilt.   Dog owners have a responsibility to keep the public, and this includes a workman such as your son , safe from an aggressive dog.   Unfortunately,  your families anger over the situation will only get you into trouble.    Contact your attorney.   
Dan

Dbrnmllr

Report to authorities if for nothing more than to get it on record.  Then if it gets bad or if you decide to for whatever reason you have it on record that you were bit by that dog.

stone road turkey calls

Nothing a herseys chocolate bar wont take care of.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: sugarray on February 22, 2012, 08:36:31 AM
First, make sure he is watching it closely for infection.  Redness, swelling, pain, or any drainage.  The last time there was a rabies transmission from a dog to a human was in the 70s, so he doesn't have to worry about that.  He needs to make sure his tetanus is current, so he had a booster in the past 5 years.

Now, I believe that the dog should be put down.  He was in their home at their request and they should have put the dog up, not just leave it loose in the back yard.  If she is not willing to accept responsibility and pay for his medical care, then he should pursue legal means.

Cooler heads do prevail, but you have to still act now, as time goes by, there is less that will be done.

Sugarray gave you some excellent info here.....I would do the same as he has suggested! Hope your son gets better soon!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

stinkpickle

Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on February 22, 2012, 11:56:50 AM
Quote from: sugarray on February 22, 2012, 08:36:31 AM
First, make sure he is watching it closely for infection.  Redness, swelling, pain, or any drainage.  The last time there was a rabies transmission from a dog to a human was in the 70s, so he doesn't have to worry about that.  He needs to make sure his tetanus is current, so he had a booster in the past 5 years.

Now, I believe that the dog should be put down.  He was in their home at their request and they should have put the dog up, not just leave it loose in the back yard.  If she is not willing to accept responsibility and pay for his medical care, then he should pursue legal means.

Cooler heads do prevail, but you have to still act now, as time goes by, there is less that will be done.

Sugarray gave you some excellent info here.....I would do the same as he has suggested! Hope your son gets better soon!

God Bless

Agreed 100%!!!  If it happens once, it will likely happen again.

Kylongspur88

My .02. Take pictures every day to document the wound and go talk to an attorney. If you don't already know one you can go to then call around. Some wont charge you to just come in and talk. The fact that he was on the job when it happened really puts the icing on the cake. Oh, and I guarantee that this dog has bit someone before.

turkey slayer

Quote from: mdtkyhntr on February 22, 2012, 06:28:29 AM
I definitely would, the arrogance of the owner would have sealed it for me.
:agreed:

Basser69

Quote from: turkey slayer on February 22, 2012, 03:22:20 PM
Quote from: mdtkyhntr on February 22, 2012, 06:28:29 AM
I definitely would, the arrogance of the owner would have sealed it for me.
:agreed:

I have to feel the same way as these

Five O

Quote from: FullChoke on February 22, 2012, 07:42:48 AM

Second, don't take your anger over this situation out on the dog. He did what his owners wanted him to do and that was to defend his owners from what he perceived as a threat in his own yard.

Third, Call your lawyer, tell him about it, and ask him to advise you as to what you will need to do. Remain calm and with your emotions in full control.

Fourth, If no satisfaction is forthcoming from the dog/house owners, lawyer up and pursue.

Exactly
This was the Owners fault not the dog.

Trevor2

Sorry to hear that, you definately need to take legal action. I won't have a dog that bites. If one of my dogs even snaps at somebody that's the end of that.
Strutstopper

TauntoHawk

I agree that the dog could bite a child next, and for that reason I would call my Lawyer, as well as the arogance of the owner.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

K9Doc

Being a Veterinarian i am involved alot in bite wounds.
1.  Go to the Doctor.  Get Tetanus Shot and lilkey Antibiotics.  I have seen many cases of severe infection due to untreated bite wounds.  Ask the Doctor to file the report and the authorities should have to make sure the dog is quarantined properly
  MS state law requires a mandatory 10 days quarnatine period at the local veterinary clinic or Animal Shelter.
2  Once the authorities are involved, you can easily file the report.
3.  Write down everything you and the owner talked about and exactyl how it all went down.  Times, Date, exactly what was said, ect.... This will go along way if you decide to go to court.
4.  The dog is obviously dangerous and someone's child could be next.
Good Luck and go to the Doctor!!!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!