turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Disney World.

Started by rtsj, February 21, 2012, 05:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtsj

Going to Disney World in Fl. for the first time with my family. I'm looking for my OG buddies to help me out. Any do's or don'ts?  Places you recommend to go? Places to eat? ect, ect, ect?   You get my drift.

Thanks Roy

stinkpickle

Step #1:  PM Sugarray.    ;)

chrisun

My family actually went to Disney World just after Christmas this year. My kids were 6 and 4 at the time. The food at Disney is pretty good, but it was difficult at times to find something healthy. Don't expect to lose weight eating at Disney!  ;D

The "fast passes" are awesome and a must in my opinion. Saves you so much time! We used them for all the rides they were available for. The Toy Story ride at Hollywood Studios had a wait time of 2 hours. However, with the fast pass we walked in and waited about 20 minutes. AWESOME!

John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

Big Timber

Fulton's Crab House at Downtown Disney is very GOOD!!!

sugarray

Dude, I'm more Disney than my kids!!   :TooFunny:

Disney is easy.  Always get a fast pass if you can, it makes it nice for the line to move faster sometimes.   We went in October and we only waited in line more than 20 mins for Splash Mountain.  So, Fast Pass for sure.    Don't rush.  Just do all the rides and have fun.

I say get the Dining Plan that allows one lunch and one dinner and 2 snacks per person per day if you can.  This allows to eat at any park and the vast majority of the restaurants.  Just be careful, some take a 2 meals away, don't want that.  Eating off the park will save you a pretty good amount of money, but then you have to come back to your room, travel to and from.  For me, that just isn't what Disney is about.  But, if you need/want to, I don't think that is that big of a deal.  Try to get character meals as well.  Some of the characters will move about the restaurant and greet you at your table, get pics, and sign autographs.

If you have any other questions, just shoot me a PM.  I'll give you a call and we'll chat it up. 

When are you going?

Search the internet, www.disboards.com, for any deal you can.

SinGin

Like mentioned above, fast passes and the meal plans. The meal plans saved our wallet a ton of money but did nothing for our waistlines.

Sherrell

Hope you enjoy your trip...as for us in central Florida it(Disney World) and Orlando have sure caused a many a Osceola to loose their homes as it keeps growing.

Have to agree with Hank Williams Jr......Mickey is a mean mouse!!!!!

rtsj

Quote from: sugarray on February 21, 2012, 06:37:29 PM
Dude, I'm more Disney than my kids!!   :TooFunny:

Disney is easy.  Always get a fast pass if you can, it makes it nice for the line to move faster sometimes.   We went in October and we only waited in line more than 20 mins for Splash Mountain.  So, Fast Pass for sure.    Don't rush.  Just do all the rides and have fun.

I say get the Dining Plan that allows one lunch and one dinner and 2 snacks per person per day if you can.  This allows to eat at any park and the vast majority of the restaurants.  Just be careful, some take a 2 meals away, don't want that.  Eating off the park will save you a pretty good amount of money, but then you have to come back to your room, travel to and from.  For me, that just isn't what Disney is about.  But, if you need/want to, I don't think that is that big of a deal.  Try to get character meals as well.  Some of the characters will move about the restaurant and greet you at your table, get pics, and sign autographs.

If you have any other questions, just shoot me a PM.  I'll give you a call and we'll chat it up. 

When are you going?

Search the internet, www.disboards.com, for any deal you can.

We are leaving Sat morning.  We are staying in Pop Century for 7 nights. We have tickets for 6 days in the park and we do have the dining plan which includes one snack, one quick service meal, and one sit down dinner.  We already have our dinner reservations made as well.  I hope the weather is good. Anything else i should know Ray?

Thanks Roy

rtsj

Quote from: Sherrell on February 21, 2012, 07:25:30 PM
Hope you enjoy your trip...as for us in central Florida it(Disney World) and Orlando have sure caused a many a Osceola to loose their homes as it keeps growing.

Have to agree with Hank Williams Jr......Mickey is a mean mouse!!!!!
Now my kids are crying!!!   :lol:

Flydown

Get Reservations at the Polynesian Resort for the Luau. It is a great show and AWESOME food! And it is on the meal plan! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Houndstooth Game Calls

Quote from: Flydown on February 21, 2012, 07:45:57 PM
Get Reservations at the Polynesian Resort for the Luau. It is a great show and AWESOME food! And it is on the meal plan! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Fly down is right bout this!!!!!! I love Disney world , it's the best organized chaos you ever did see!!!

turkey slayer

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on February 21, 2012, 09:18:25 PM
Quote from: Flydown on February 21, 2012, 07:45:57 PM

Fly down is right bout this!!!!!! I love Disney world , it's the best organized chaos you ever did see!!!
:agreed:  great place to eat we went 2 times the last time we went!

swamp_bird89

There are some serious turkeys on the Disney properties.

Old Gobbler

get the fast passes

wake up extra early , get a good solid breakfast and hit the park early its not as hot in the morning, in the summer it gets HOT !!  11 am to 4 pm is intolerable in the summer , this is when you want to be sitting down in a inside restaurant or a air conditioned ride  -You can break up the day by going early , leave a park and go back to the hotel for food ,shower and nap , and go back out to a new park for the afternoon and stay late see the fireworks and parades -- summer time is when the parks are open late  - It is much better to walk around at night then in 98 deg day heat

the Magic kingdom is the most crowded on Saturdays - everyone coming down here for the weekend heads strait to Magic  KIngdom for the first park , zig when they zag ...go the Universal ,MGM , epcot, or another park on Saturday

Hit up the big rollercoasters first thing in the mornings before the crowd works its way to the back of the parks and makes the wait 60-90 minutes long - get those off the bucket list right away or get fast passes for them

If you think Nitros are expensive ,wait till you see what they charge for a lemonade or pretzel !!!! bring your own food  !!!! , put it the backpack , drinks , snacks , subs, they don't stop you ever for that ,everyone does it , Ive seen tourists bring 2 foot long french bread rolls before -- save on waiting for over priced food-  then hit up a nice restaurant on the way back to the hotel  the bringing food and drinks will save you big bucks over the long haul -I sugest a all you can eat Lobster if you can find one-- years ago there was all you can eat lobster war in Orlando , I cleaned out a Red lobster for 4-5 main lobsters one time -- look for a good one 

Universal studios has some very good attractions, it has some of the best rides also - dont leave town without checking into it - 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

joshua

Had a ball last summer at Universal and Island of Adventures. Def. get the fast pass, take your time and have fun.

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.