Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What is the legal shooting stop time in your state?

Started by TURKEYWHACKER, February 19, 2012, 09:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TURKEYWHACKER

Curious if the stop time is the same for both public and private land turkey hunting in your home state. Here in Florida they make us stop at 1:00pm on public land while those on private land may hunt until sunset. How about in your neck of the woods.

redarrow

Michigan is one half hour before sunrise to one half hour before sunset.. We have four time zones so the time will vary by 6,12,and 18 minutes.

jde

1/2 hour before light and 1/2 after light thank goodness  :icon_thumright:

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Mainer

Here in Maine it's

One-half (1/2) hour before sunrise until 12:00 p.m. (noon) local time.

NWBama

njdevilsb

VA_Birdhunter

Virginia.....its from 1/2 hr before sunrise tell 12PM except for the last two weeks of season and then its 1/2 hr before sunrise tell sunset.

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

SKFOOTER

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HOOKS1

In Louisiana it's 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset.

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

FttFttVroom!

soon as you've got your limit :laugh: :lol: 

in all seriousness, it's 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset in OK.

handcannon

TURKEYWHACKER

So basically you guys are saying both public and private lands have the exact same shooting hours. Hmmmn, guess I need to step up my game to get the REAL answer from FWCC as to why we need different stop times.