turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nobody near me has Heavy13's in #7

Started by SR1, February 21, 2011, 02:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well here's to better state what I said. 

Just for clarification, the law does NOT require a hazmat fee.

The law requires certain licenses and documentation if the freight is hazardous. So the carriers and shippers are charging the fee to cover their license and paperwork costs, but the law does not charge a fee nor require the shipper/carrier to charge the fee.

SR1

Quote from: bowhunter32 on February 21, 2011, 04:56:40 PM
why should you have to pay a hazmat fee when the ups driver dosent hav a hazmat placard on his box truck!!!!! :TooFunny:
We can thank the gov for that. I couldnt get it through the lady at cabela's that they shouldnt be charging me a 25 dollar fee for shells.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

ILIKEHEVI-13

So like the Prego commercial, "it's in there".

DC101

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 21, 2011, 05:04:40 PM
Well here's to better state what I said. 

Just for clarification, the law does NOT require a hazmat fee.

The law requires certain licenses and documentation if the freight is hazardous. So the carriers and shippers are charging the fee to cover their license and paperwork costs, but the law does not charge a fee nor require the shipper/carrier to charge the fee.

Most carriers charge a HazMat fee, most but not all.

Liscenses/Certifications are required for the carrier and the shipper.

There should be no paperwork fees as the shipper is required to create the paperwork for Hazardous Material shipments.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Call UPS and ask them if they charge a fee for shipping ammo.  I shipped 4 boxes of 22lr ammo years ago to a guy.  It cost me over $10 to ship.  And ammo has to be shipped UPS ground only.  

mudhen

I love Mid-South, but Mack's was cheaper on the 3" H-13 & MB + free shipping  ;D

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka