Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HELP PLEASE!!! What is the big deal with women and the toilet seat?

Started by MO3TOE, February 19, 2012, 01:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MO3TOE

For like a week now, my wife has started nagging on me about "not" putting the toilet seat down when I'm done in the bathroom. Personally, I believe it is my son but I'm sure I leave it up on occasion also. This constant nagging has made me defensive and made me start to question her also. Why should I put it "down" when I'm done if she never puts it "up" when she is done? My logic is... loook at the %$&#@ thing when you walk in there. I have to.... Thats how I know that it needs to be up when I have to go. She is complaining that she falls in when I leave it up, but for the life of me I can't figure out why it is so difficult to look at the stupid seat to see if it is up or down. Any help or defensive come backs would be greatly appreciated. :icon_thumright:
-> -> -> 3TOE <- <- <-

GOLD HUNTER

PIZZ ON IT A FEW TIMES AND THEN LET HER SET ON IT.......SHE'LL SHUT UP !!!  :TooFunny:

captpete

Don't know if it's what you are looking for, but in our house we close the lid. That way when I have to go I have to open it...same for her. If she falls in, she has nobody to blame but herself(bet she doesn't tell you if she does ;) ;)).

MO3TOE

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on February 19, 2012, 01:39:30 PM
PIZZ ON IT A FEW TIMES AND THEN LET HER SET ON IT.......SHE'LL SHUT UP !!!  :TooFunny:
:TooFunny:  I hear ya. The problem is that it has gotten out of hand. We have been married for 3 years & it was never a problem before. I have come to the conclusion that she just doesn't have anything else better to complain about (which is a good thing). I thought about doing the plastic wrap on the seat. LOL...!!!
-> -> -> 3TOE <- <- <-

MO3TOE

Quote from: captpete on February 19, 2012, 01:46:00 PM
Don't know if it's what you are looking for, but in our house we close the lid. That way when I have to go I have to open it...same for her. If she falls in, she has nobody to blame but herself(bet she doesn't tell you if she does ;) ;)).
That was my suggestion also. But apparently I'm the only one that thinks that the lid should be closed, because she NEVER puts the lid down when she gets done. Go figure!!!
-> -> -> 3TOE <- <- <-

BOFF

For what is is worth, I don't see it as a battle to be fighting over. If by simply putting the lid down will make my wife happy, I'll gladly do it.

Be glad you have a wife, love her for who she is, treat her with the respect she deserves, and treat her with respect, even when it is not deserved, and watch the nagging stop.

I sense it's more than the toilet seat which is bothering you. Hope you two figure it out.

Just my measly 2 cents.

God Bless,
David B.

MO3TOE

Quote from: BOFF on February 19, 2012, 01:58:50 PM
For what is is worth, I don't see it as a battle to be fighting over. If by simply putting the lid down will make my wife happy, I'll gladly do it.

Be glad you have a wife, love her for who she is, treat her with the respect she deserves, and treat her with respect, even when it is not deserved, and watch the nagging stop.

I sense it's more than the toilet seat which is bothering you. Hope you two figure it out.

Just my measly 2 cents.

I appreciate your comments. I honestly don't understand where the issue is stemming from. I'm almost paranoid about now. I even check the toilet when I haven't been in there. I do appreciate my wife & make every possible attempt at making her happy. The entire thing has just bewildered me. Yesterday she actually called me at my brother in laws house to inform me that the lid was up. To me personally, it isn't worth bickering over, but she just won't let it go! Again...Thanks.

God Bless,
David B.
-> -> -> 3TOE <- <- <-

BOFF

Well,

Then there is probably more to it. Sit down with her, and have some communication. I certainly understand the frustrations of marriage, but there is nothing going to be solved, or made better without time, effort, and communication, when it comes to relationships.

God Bless,
David B.

MO3TOE

Quote from: BOFF on February 19, 2012, 02:12:32 PM
Well,

Then there is probably more to it. Sit down with her, and have some communication. I certainly understand the frustrations of marriage, but there is nothing going to be solved, or made better without time, effort, and communication, when it comes to relationships.

God Bless,
David B.
Unserstood & much appreciated! Thanks.
-> -> -> 3TOE <- <- <-

redarrow

Quote from: BOFF on February 19, 2012, 01:58:50 PM

Just my measly 2 cents.

God Bless,
David B.

I didn't know  Dr. Phil was on OG. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: Sorry David.

slamman

lazy mans way is to buy a slow close seat like i did, just tap the lid and seat with a finger the seat and lid goes down nice and slow with out having to bend over.  the only problem i've had is you get so use to doing that when you go to someones house that doesn't have a slow close seat you forget and the seat slams  :-[

handcannon

Break out da pimp hand! Just kidding. I dont know dude. My wife tried to pull that junk on me a while back. We have been together 20 years now and she just all of the sudden started in. I think it is a controlling issue. They think if they can "potty train" us, they got us whipped. I actually put it down once and felt like a fool afterwards. That was the last time. She never picks it up for me so I'm not gonna put it down for her. Only other solution is to put a his and her toilet in or a stand up urinal. Let her see you taking a whizz off of the front porch a couple times and tell her you are tired of having to lift and lower the seat. Maybe that will change her mind when the neighbors go to talking.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

TClark

I don't care what ya-all say....seeing my wife with her butt in the water, feet in the air and holding on to the sides (like she could go any further) is just priceless. :TooFunny:

Honestly though, most women hold it too long and get to the bathroom door, drop their undies and let fly...there's no time to look.

Been there done that....I will not be potty trained.

OR, just take the seat off completely and hide it...put 2 boards in there for when you have to go...she'll appreciate the seat up or down in just a few days. :icon_thumright:
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

turkey slayer