turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

1985 REMINGTON SPECIAL PURPOSE

Started by Aim@it, February 19, 2012, 08:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aim@it

Hey all,   My #%@ brother-in-law purchased a Remington special purpose automatic in 1985, Dull wood finish and all the metal is parkerized. The only Turkey Gun that I have seen that will shoot the patterns it does with regular lead turkey shells.  It will average twenty or more # 4 shot in the vertebrae and head area of the standard turkey targets . At 50 yds. Every shot. Quite good results for its day and time. With the new shells and available shell components I can't imagine what the numbers would be. Are any of you other members familiar with this model of Remington? It come from the factory with a twenty six inch barrel , no screw-in choke. I will,say although the gun is capable of those long lethal  patterns, He would never shoot past thirty with it. I used to to get so upset with Him when He would let Gobblers walk away at thirty five yards, me doing the calling from twenty five yards or so behind Him. I have come to understand   The respect He had for the bird now., but I think I have ulcers because of His never breaking His parameters. I also respect Him for sticking to His standards. The last bird I called in to Him , after the shot he got emotional and said that's my last one, I will go with you but I will shoot no more. I have searched high and low , but never have found another one of this model.