OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gulf Shores Alabama

Started by OLE RASPY, February 18, 2012, 09:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

Guys me and my family are planning a vacation to gulf shores for july 4th and was wondering wheres the best place to stay.I was just wanting a hotel on the beach,but a nice one.It will only be 3 of us so we will not need a kitchen just a refrig.I was gonna do a condo but thats pretty steep in price.What do yall alabamians suggest.I appreciate all the replys.Thanks.

P.S. I have been searching the web but wanted you alls opinion to.

wbpc

Look on vrbo.com.  Probably look towards the West side of gulf shores for some of cheaper places.  Lots of smaller and older condos down that way.

OLE RASPY

Any more suggestions.Any body ever stayed anywhere there that they reccomend.

Ondavirg

I like to stay on the east side, usually in Phoenix X.  Haven't really stayed in a bad place.

Big Timber

OLE RASPY

runngun

Courtyard by Marriott on the beach, they got comfortable BEDS
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Basser69

Phoenix would be my choice on the beach but if you dont mind walking across the street, Romar Beach, with a lake to fish in also

Turkey Trot

My advice is to go down there the week after July 4.  By then, all the people in the lanes trying to turn left will have cleared.

Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

CASH

We usually rent a cabin in Orange Beach and drive over to Gulf Shores. Get away from all the yahoos
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

drakekilla12

Stayed in Phoenix 5 last fall break. Its nice but Phoenix west is NICE also very similar in price range.

T-town

Just figure on ponying up the week of the fourth. Nothing is cheap then. And get on it sooner rather than later. It fills up  - hard sellout

OLE RASPY

deadhead

Quote from: Turkey Trot on February 20, 2012, 01:18:56 PM
My advice is to go down there the week after July 4.  By then, all the people in the lanes trying to turn left will have cleared.

Good advise.  Check holiday isle on dauphin island also,just a 30 min. ferry ride across the bay . Fireworks show at grand hotel is one of the best down there.
just remember they are big chickens.