OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's your favorite time if the day to hunt turkeys?

Started by Turkeyslayer 101, February 18, 2012, 09:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg06

Favorite time to HUNT them.... first hour of the day.

Best time to kill them....Middle of the day

Like the gobbling early in the morning but LOVE to catch them alone in the middle of the day :smiley-char092:.

Ol'Mossy

turkey slayer

Turkeyslayer 101

I agree the break of dawn is nothing but an awesome creation of God!
Be sharp but don't cut yourself!

njdevilsb

I enjoy the first hour or 2 of the morning more than any other time of day in the turkey woods, and also see more success at that time as well.  For me, there is nothing better than sitting against a tree, all set up, fog settling over the field, with a gobbler 75 yards away screaming his head off.

FttFttVroom!

Early morning because you can hear literally hundreds gobbling on the roost where I hunt.

2nd is late afternoon

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

TennLongspur

daybreak is my favorite time to hear them, but I have killed more birds between 11 and 1 that at any other time of day.
"The wild turkey possesses the remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

WildTigerTrout

I love to be in the woods at daybreak. It's wonderful to hear the woods come alive. My best hunting has come more towards mid-morning though.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

Gooserbat

Hunting, first hour of day light.  Killing late morning.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bowhunter32

NCDEADEYE

Tail Feathers

I love to see the woods wake up at dawn and listen to that gobbling!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!