OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's your favorite time if the day to hunt turkeys?

Started by Turkeyslayer 101, February 18, 2012, 09:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoyt

Right at the crack of dawn..but had more luck from 7 to 11. Everywhere I've hunted for the last 20yrs or so has had a 1:00 cut-off so don't get to hunt the afternoons.

stone road turkey calls

I love being there at daybreak, but get most of my birds around lunch time. enjoy your nap.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

handcannon

I'm another that loves the early morning chase but mid morning has been good to me. A lot of it depends too on the time of the year. Early season is great in La but its not long before it's hotter than a fire cracker and those mid day hunts get tough towards the end of season.

harvester

First couple of hours after daylight. Evenings are good also. :funnyturkey:

TURKEYWHACKER

I love listening to birds sounding off on the roost and watching grey light change to dawn. But most of my birds are taken from 8:00am-11:00am. Wouldn't know about the afternoon gig since the powers that be here in Florida only allow private land hunters the opportunity to do this.  :'(

01Foreman400

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Roostem33

To me, there is nothing like a cool spring morning!! Don't think I will ever get tired of it!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

NWBama

wbpc

First light, can't beat the sound of Mother Nature waking up.

flintlock

Hard to beat the am gobbling!  But, as far as the best time to kill one, often is around 9:30 -noon for me.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

BigJim

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

snuff can

Neill_Prater

Any time I can go!  :) It's tough to beat early in the morning when a bird is sounding off from the roost, but afternoon hunting, if I have a bird located, is fun too. You may never hear a gobble, but there is something exciting about the anticipation of seeing him any second. Kind of like deer hunting on steroids. Neill

TheWidowMaker

nothing like that first gobble of the morning so thats what I like the best/....