Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's your favorite time if the day to hunt turkeys?

Started by Turkeyslayer 101, February 18, 2012, 09:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyslayer 101

I like to hunt all hours if the days, mid day and evenings have been better for me in the later part if the season and after the gobblers has bred the hens and are looking for new ones..
Be sharp but don't cut yourself!

tyelper

coyotetrpr

I really love the first of the morning for all the gobbles, but mid day is a great time to kill a turkey.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

savduck

Georgia Boy

Eric Gregg

deerhunt1988

The first two hours after daylight.

Not necessarily my favorite killing time though.

VA_Birdhunter

First hour of daylight....I'll never get tired of hearing the woods wake up in spring!!!!

But if nothing the first hour I really like it between 10:30 and 12PM.

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

TNTOM

My Favorite time to hunt is the first hour or so of daylight. I've killed more birds in late morning or early afternoon.

Flydown

I love to hear the turkeys come alive in the morning but I must say that turkeys are just as much fun to hunt in the afternoon as they are first thing in the morning, I think a lot of people are missing out on the best hunting by giving up in the morning!  ;)

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

HARDCORE

I have to admit, I love a "Wham Bam Thank You Mam" kinda hunt but it doesn't always happen that way.

Sometimes you gotta stick with em till they're ready, so my "favorite time" can & will vary from day to day.

So, I guess my favorite time has to be whenever he's ready to die.

HC

TRKYHTR

My favorite time to hunt is anytime I can get out. I love watching Gods creation wake up in the morning. All the birds starting their day and the King of the woods making his location known.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

ghillie