Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I know its not turkey but we gotta do something to pass the time !!

Started by X-Tennessean, February 18, 2012, 08:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-Tennessean

Surely there are a couple beagler's on here !! If not some may enjoy  :z-guntootsmiley:
I have some friends from St. Louis who are some hard core wabbit hunters but up until last year had never seen nor hunted swamp rabbits, I brought them down this year for their second trip and boy was it a hunt !! I think they are hooked now  :toothy9:
4 hunters, pack of 12 dogs and 16 swampers on the tailgate. The conditions were perfect and the dogs had no trouble at all trailing them. Here are a few pics with a video coming once all the editing it done, hope you enjoy and can't wait for turkey season !!

X-Tennessean

sorry the pics are so big, if someone wants to resize please do !

Gold Spur

That's some good eating right there! Congrats on a great hunt...... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

redarrow

Next to the sound of a big ol gobbler there aint nothing sweeter that the sound of a hound on a rabbit.Cept maybe bluegrass music. I wouldnt care if i even seen a rabbit if i could just listen to hound music. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: What part of Tenn are you from.

X-Tennessean

Quote from: redarrow on February 18, 2012, 09:02:38 PM
Next to the sound of a big ol gobbler there aint nothing sweeter that the sound of a hound on a rabbit.Cept maybe bluegrass music. I wouldnt care if i even seen a rabbit if i could just listen to hound music. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: What part of Tenn are you from.

North West Tenn, I have to agree with you on the hound music !!! Give me a few days and I will post up the video from the hunt. The guys video all their hunts with some small Sony digital camera's and it turns out pretty dang good.

redrivergar

I love to hear them hounds sing too. Use to have beagles but now just go with a friend that has a great pack of reds. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Gregg

flintlock

Oh my gosh that is a mess of rabbits!!!!   My buddy would keel over if he saw that, he sure LOVES his rabbit hunting!  It is a great time hearing the dogs run.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

X-Tennessean

Quote from: flintlock on February 18, 2012, 09:24:25 PM
Oh my gosh that is a mess of rabbits!!!!   My buddy would keel over if he saw that, he sure LOVES his rabbit hunting!  It is a great time hearing the dogs run.

Trust me, we didn't put even a scratch on the population there !! My bottom is absolutely loaded with them and we didn't even cover a 3rd of the ground !

Curtdawg88

"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

redarrow

Quote from: X-Tennessean on February 18, 2012, 09:14:16 PM
Quote from: redarrow on February 18, 2012, 09:02:38 PM

North West Tenn, I have to agree with you on the hound music !!! Give me a few days and I will post up the video from the hunt. The guys video all their hunts with some small Sony digital camera's and it turns out pretty dang good.

Must be around Fort Campbell. My folks were from Tenn. Mom,was from Shelbyville and Dad from Pikeville ,Tenn. around the Sequatchie river.

catdaddy

I just love to rabbit hunt with a good pack of beagles--great fun!!!  Thanks for the pics!

Squirrel Hunter

The only thing that sounds better than a beagle running is a cur treeing!

Ol'Mossy

That's alot of rabbit stew there, do you can them at all?

I hunt yotes to pass the time

X-Tennessean

Quote from: PaTurkHntr on February 19, 2012, 04:27:07 PM
That's alot of rabbit stew there, do you can them at all?

I hunt yotes to pass the time

Never have tried "canning" them, would like to try it though  ! We just fillet the meat and vacuum seal, batter n deep fry or pan fry till golden brown then pour in some cream of mushroom soup simmered in the oven  !! Yum yum