turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bad Weather Gun

Started by sippy cup, February 18, 2012, 08:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sippy cup

Which shotgun would you guys recommend getting when weather is nasty raining wet cold  just plain awful so my good guns stay nice :fud: :OGani:
beware of longdale legend

hookedspur

One of the top two .
T/C Encore 12 or 20.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

crenshawco

I use my regular gun and clean it when I get home.

gersus

If you're afraid of rain/dirt getting on your turkey gun you need to get a different gun. Turkey hunting is a down and dirty sport IMO, if you worry about your gun, your gonna prevent yourself from working close to that difficult hung up gobbler.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: crenshawco on February 18, 2012, 11:15:23 PM
I use my regular gun and clean it when I get home.

I agree
have always cleaned mine after every weekend of hunting,rain or shine
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Mild Bill

Get a Beretta 391 Xtrema 2 or that A400 Extreme,  Since they are designed for waterfowl hunting, they have that special coating on them for moisture resistance, you might find yourself using them all the time too.
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.

chatterbox

Never really thought about it. My shotguns are all "working guns." I just pull them apart and clean them good when I get home.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: sippy cup on February 18, 2012, 08:32:40 PM
Which shotgun would you guys recommend getting when weather is nasty raining wet cold  just plain awful so my good guns stay nice :fud: :OGani:

I'd have to agree with what most folks have already said, guns are made to use in good and bad weather. There's very little that can't be cleaned and taken care of after the hunt. Just dry it off and out and lightly lubricate whatever needs it. Then use some vapor tech products to prevent any rust where you can't see and you're all set.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I tend to sleep in or sit in the truck and wait for poor weather to break.

The only way my guns get wet is if I get caught in a random downpour.

sippy cup

i was thinking about getting a beat up old 870 or a mossberg just for rainy days  :turkey2: :turkey2: :turkey2: :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey:
beware of longdale legend

WildSpur

I am turning my back up into a rain gun.  Winchester 1300 with fiber optics.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

fountain2

hookedspur......u got too many...send me one!  i'll even settle for just a bbl

bird

What gun do you use for a turkey gun now?

Grobec1

I don't hunt in the rain anymore. If I get caught in the rain will dry my gun real good place it barrel down and wipe it down with oil after the hunt is over.

WiLL B

My Benelli is fairly rust resistant my Rem. 870 will rust within a few hours of getting really soaked.