OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Oh Yeah !

Started by R AJ, February 18, 2012, 01:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

I was in Bullock Co., Al yesterday waiting out some wild hogs that never showed. While waiting I got to watch as many as eight strutters at one time through binoculars. I believe there were 12 gobblers total. They were mostly in groups of three and would have their fistacuffs with each other while about eight hens were in the middle of the mix feeding . It was neat watching each  group of gobblers all fanned out . Looked like a teen dance with all the gals out on the floor dancing and all the guys standing off to the side. It was when they all gobbled at the same time that  got to me. Probably 60-80 gobbles in an hour or so. If I had a telephoto lens and movie camera I could have made a pretty good turkey film. Did you know that your eyes can stick to the lens of binoculars if you watch turkeys too long?
That afternoon at 4:30 I was at it again when a gobbler cut loose about 250 yds. in front of me and I got him to answer some of my crude voice yelps several times and some owl hoots as the day came to an end.
One of the most enjoyable hog hunts I have ever been on.

TRKYHTR

Do you need some company this spring Robert. Lol Good to see you posting again. It's gettin close.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Watched two gobblers strutting this morning while listening to them drum at 75 yards.

It was a timely reminder that it will be here before we know it.

R AJ

Quote from: TRKYHTR on February 18, 2012, 02:32:54 PM
Do you need some company this spring Robert. Lol Good to see you posting again. It's gettin close.

TRKYHTR

I got to hunt there two years ago and within 30 minutes called one up for me and then called in two for the guy who invited me. I probably will not even get to hunt there this year. But  company is good Joe. After this flood we got today there will be more gargling than gobbling I imagine.

chatterbox

That's awsome Robert! We are still waiting on our first gobbles up here. I believe with this warm weather, it will be here before we know it though!

turkey slayer

Thats awesome!, I can't wait!

VA_Birdhunter

Very Nice!!  Can't Wait!!!!!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens