OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best pump turkey gun

Started by delta hunter, February 18, 2012, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcreekhunter

870sm with 3.5in winchester extended range #6 (patterning hevi shot magnum blend today) or my browning belgium made auto 5 full choke with remington 4x6 2 3/4in duplex shells.

coyotetrpr

Mossberg 835 ulti-mag hands down winner in my opinion. :z-guntootsmiley:
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

Hooks' n' Beards'

My Browning 12 Gauge Bps NWTF 24' Barrel Turkey gun,I Bought a Rem 870 3.5" Shursot turkey gun new last feb and all it wanted to do was Jam,Bought the Browning and could not be happier and sent the 870 To the Curb.Browning for me,Best money i have ever spent and the Worst was on the 870 Express,870 Wingmaster is twice the gun the Express is.And for my money the Browning Tops them all.

Todd1700

Quoteturkey pump?  Mossy 835, why pattern-pattern-pattern.

What he said. To me pattern is king. My 835 despite having a 4 inch shorter barrel still just absolutely smokes my 870SM with any type shell that I have tried in both of them.

bushwhacker

As far as patterns go mossberg 835 may be king, but for reliability and dependability, my money goes to an 870. I know a guy who uses an 870 express 3 inch magnum with a 28 inch pipe to duck and turkey hunt with, and he has backed over it with his truck, used it to break ice in the duck hole, and dropped it in the lake while duck hunting and it has never failed to fire. They might not be pretty, fancy, or expensive, but they are a time tested work horse.

oldcreekhunter

Quote from: bushwhacker on March 04, 2012, 09:34:08 PM
As far as patterns go mossberg 835 may be king, but for reliability and dependability, my money goes to an 870. I know a guy who uses an 870 express 3 inch magnum with a 28 inch pipe to duck and turkey hunt with, and he has backed over it with his truck, used it to break ice in the duck hole, and dropped it in the lake while duck hunting and it has never failed to fire. They might not be pretty, fancy, or expensive, but they are a time tested work horse.

amen! ive owned an 835 and sold it. killed 2 birds with it but needed more than 1 shot on those and missed 2. i was shooting a stardot and #6 winchester 3.5in high velocity shells. My 870sm and browning belgium 2 3/4 with 28in full choke has never failed

DblClk

I have been running the same 835 since 1989 and it has yet to let me down.

oldcreekhunter

835 nuts claim it was because i had the newer "turkey edition" short barrel version which causedmy unfortune. idk but after i  went back to my remmy and browning belgium im 100% happy

mrlongbeard

remington 870 Supermag  . you can buy cheaper or a gun made by the japs, but you get what you pay for.
good ole made in the USA 870 ALL THE WAY ! :z-guntootsmiley:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: DblClk on March 05, 2012, 08:15:08 PM
I have been running the same 835 since 1989 and it has yet to let me down.

Mine is a 1997 model I believe and I feel the same exact way. 

nativ

E-F-Brady

"Put 'em out like a house fire"

Hooks' n' Beards'

Here is the"Turkey Slayer" Just waitin on my Gobblin Thunder Choke and My Truglo Tru Bead Fibre optic Sight,I Just left the Tri viz on for Now.This Gun is Awesome!!In every Darn way!!!